Forums

Help › Forums

I haven't broken par...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:36 PM (9 replies)
  • SammyFisher
    77 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:15 AM

...for two months.  I play everyday, sometimes for six hours or more in groups, solo, tournaments, etc. No matter what the conditions, I always end up anywhere between 3 and 7 over par. I mean geez... it's not as if I just started playing. Been a member since early 2012, 

Can anyone else relate to what I'm saying? 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:49 AM

Quite a while ago, the great Avatar Lee was saying the big trap for most is doing the same thing over and over again instead of just going crazy with creative, bizzare, never done it before type shots. You can discover new worlds by doing so and by not caring. Nothing to lose.

~SP~

• jayheels
    148 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:50 AM

No but you do seem to have a strange mixture of clubs (3 drivers) you might do better if got the swing speeds more closely matched.

keep it on the short grass

jay

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:54 AM

Sammy, there are many of us who can relate, as your average drops and you get closer to tiering up, the game becomes more difficult. I'm going to pass on some advice that was given to me by Yankee Jim. After a brief check of your equipment I would suggest swapping out the 10.5 starter driver for a third evenly spaced wedge ( you may even want to go with a forth wedge ). With an average distance to pin of 23', on the surface it looks like you're leaving yourself with some long putts ( your putting stats reinforce this as well as scrambling and sand save stats). I've been desperately trying to lower my distance to pin average, and think if you get a better handle on your short game, the rest will fall into place. Good luck.

Doc :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:15 AM

Great advice by all Sammy, some folks are here to help others. You got advice from a Sweet thang, a Doctor (he authored the best selling Antlers in the tree tops by who goosed the Moose) his Jayness, and a brief listen to all above from the Ball dragging squirrel soon to be a high pitched Soprano. Keep on keeping on my friend, it will happen.

• buzkashi
    403 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:25 AM

Great advice from all posts. My 3 cents: get a driver and 3 wood with a matched meter speed, and more importantly, purchase a 64 degree wedge; these additions would make a great difference in your scoring. Once you have these, practice full and punched shots with all your wedges, and concentrate on perfecting chips, pitches, and lobs with and without backspin with the same wedges. Finally, create a method of handling all green speeds with your putter. Do this, and you will be trying to break 30.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 12:27 PM

SammyFisher:

...for two months.  I play everyday, sometimes for six hours or more in groups, solo, tournaments, etc. No matter what the conditions, I always end up anywhere between 3 and 7 over par. I mean geez... it's not as if I just started playing. Been a member since early 2012, 

Can anyone else relate to what I'm saying? 

I have to agree with some previous posts. Your club selection is a mess. 3 drivers makes no sense at all. Take the time to look at the clubs some of the better players use. All have 1 driver, 1 3wood and 3 wedges. Sell back the lower level driver and get a decent 3 wood and a 3rd wedge and your scores will drop a lot and fast. GL.

P.S. would love to know what you do with 3 drivers? :)

• SammyFisher
    77 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 6:48 PM

Thank you all for the outstanding advice. As for the three drivers, I had to sell my three wood just to be able to buy decent balls. I'm a retired Navy veteran living on a fixed income.

Again, thank you all so VERY much,  

:-)

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:22 PM

SammyFisher:

Thank you all for the outstanding advice. As for the three drivers, I had to sell my three wood just to be able to buy decent balls. I'm a retired Navy veteran living on a fixed income.

Again, thank you all so VERY much,  

:-)

Hey bro i would advise against selling clubs to buy balls they dont last 4ever like clubs do even 10 credit balls r better than the starters 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:36 PM

spdemon:
    Hey bro i would advise against selling clubs to buy balls they dont last 4ever like clubs do even 10 credit balls r better than the starters 

+1

Also take stock of why you like this game. I assume it is purely for enjoyment - therefore the score does not really matter.

Just set yourself goals that are  achievable  and enjoy.

RSS