Forums

Help › Forums

My connection is nearly impossible to play

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 13 2014 4:34 PM (3 replies)
  • slmpickins
    65 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:31 AM

For the past 4 days the chattering on my meter is so bad I just quit playing. You just can't play when dings are non existent, at best; a roll of the dice. If they can't fix the meter I sure am not going to play. I rented a few clubs today with free rental but I sure can't evaluate the clubs when you can't come close to a ding. The game is hard enough without putting in the difficulty of the screwed up meter factor. The meter was doing good for a while, then went back to the stuttering, chatter, what ever you know it as.

The less people play, myself for one,  the more they lose balls and clubs sales. That's basic economics.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:17 PM

How smooth the meter is on your computer is in large part dependent on how busy your computer's CPU is during the downswing.

Close as many background applications and processes as possible. Have no other tabs open. Make sure no web sites are listed in the Flash Player cache.

You can monitor your CPU performance as you pause at the tip of the back swing using Task Manager 

Smooth meter - Optimizing your Windows computer

You can clear the Flash Player cache by right clicking on the Play Now tab, or by right clicking on the Game Client page:

• slmpickins
    65 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 11:36 AM

CORRECTION:

I tried my Safari browser instead of my usual Chrome (they recently informed me that my 32-bit computer will no longer receive Chrome updates or virus updates...nice.) ...and on the Safari browser the meter ran smoothly, compared to the Chrome meter this is pleasant. Now I have to readjust from a chattering meter to a smooth one, now I'm hitting too early. At least it's not a struggle to play.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 4:34 PM

Fewer and fewer 32-bit applications, software, browsers, OS, etc are being updated.

RSS