Forums

Help › Forums

countryclub owners / setting up club tournaments

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 27 2010 11:28 AM (5 replies)
  • axstrat
    415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 12:27 AM

Im not a computer guru so i dont know how hard it would be to set up and code.  but I was thinking it would be kinda' nice if when creating a tournament for the club, that if we could have an option to set it up so that each tier within the club could win a trophy/and or credits or maybe have tier only type tourneys or something like that

just a thought

thx  Ax

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 2:09 AM

I have created a country club just for legends called "Club Select - Legends Only." So all country club tournaments, created regularly by yours truly, are for that tier alone. Check it out, join, and help me turn it into a legend haven for many.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 5:40 AM

I agree, axstrat.     Better yet, why can't the Host of these CC tournaments have the right to edit, and/or delete a player's entry in a tournament.     I have been hosting some Tier Only Tourneys and once in a while, I get a Master entering a Pro Only Tourney with a good score.     I have no way of deleting him from the Tourney.

There ought to be a way of inserting a Tier option in the set-up screen that would let you pick who can play in the tourney.

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 2:40 PM

that is true.  Kinda frustrating for say an amature to enter a club tournament when they are playing against masters and pros. Would think this would also help newer players in clubs to play more knowing they may have a chance at a trophy to hang on thier wall or receive a credit payout, and would be more active in the club and WGT as a whole.

The way I've set up tournaments like this is to create 2 of the exact same  and post in the description that this is for X-tier and below and the 2nd for all members.  This way doesnt discriminate against players who have paid thier dues and have become masters  and also gives an amature a chance, if they wish, to compete against the bigger sticks in the club. I havent had much of a problem with this as it is an honor system. I can see though where the "honor system" could be abused for personal gain.

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 11:22 AM

...maybe set it up so that only the stated tier  (and/or below) may enter the private club tournament.

• imperialrock
    217 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 11:28 AM

axstrat:

that is true.  Kinda frustrating for say an amature to enter a club tournament when they are playing against masters and pros. Would think this would also help newer players in clubs to play more knowing they may have a chance at a trophy to hang on thier wall or receive a credit payout, and would be more active in the club and WGT as a whole.

The way I've set up tournaments like this is to create 2 of the exact same  and post in the description that this is for X-tier and below and the 2nd for all members.  This way doesnt discriminate against players who have paid thier dues and have become masters  and also gives an amature a chance, if they wish, to compete against the bigger sticks in the club. I havent had much of a problem with this as it is an honor system. I can see though where the "honor system" could be abused for personal gain.

I'm a Tour Master in his club, I play in those tournies, and I agree, its fun to have 2 tiers and give more ppl a shot at winning something.

RSS