Help › Forums

More than 1 account

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 5 2014 7:11 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • coastal01
    56 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 2:34 AM

I have just played a stroke play game today 28/4/2014 with someone who definitely is not ranked as an amateur as shown on their profile. They have been a member for 3 days, and playing a best of par 5's game hit the first 5 holes to within 6 feet of the pin on their 3rd shot. They have 21 awards which is very unusual for someone of relative inexperience, and they asked questions that would have only have been known to players that are more experienced. When questioned on their supposed ranking they deliberately hit a putt that was to mask their real ranking. I then copped abuse from a fellow player for questioning the suspect player ( the suspect masquerading as a female). I know this is only  a muck around game but what is stopping these players from playing in play for credits or other prize winning tournaments?

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 11:02 AM

coastal01:

what is stopping these players from playing in play for credits or other prize winning tournaments?

Nothing - until they are reported or otherwise discovered.

Welcome to the Internet.

Report the player to WGT - Contact Us

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 11:41 AM

If you want to see a good example of how someone circumvents the system, look at the main WGT page where they have the earnings leaders. Look at JasenKelly. They're a Hack with $1,000 (100,000 credits) earned. How do they do that as a Hack?

Look at their playing history and you'll find that they haven't played one ranked round. It's all CTTH. They stay a Hack. They enter CTTH tournaments and clean up.

How does a new player know to do that? They wouldn't. Obviously, a multi-accounter.

I reported them, which I'm sure many did, and they haven't posted a score since 4/3, so I'm guessing they've been shut down.

Now the question is, will CTTH results somehow become a part of the criteria for moving up?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 12:06 PM

BubbaSauce:

If you want to see a good example of how someone circumvents the system, look at the main WGT page where they have the earnings leaders. Look at JasenKelly. They're a Hack with $1,000 (100,000 credits) earned. How do they do that as a Hack?

Look at their playing history and you'll find that they haven't played one ranked round. It's all CTTH. They stay a Hack. They enter CTTH tournaments and clean up.

How does a new player know to do that? They wouldn't. Obviously, a multi-accounter.

I reported them, which I'm sure many did, and they haven't posted a score since 4/3, so I'm guessing they've been shut down.

Now the question is, will CTTH results somehow become a part of the criteria for moving up?

I hope no-one believes the drivel in the above post. This has been explained many times in the forum. Bubba obviously can't read and posts the 1st stupid thoughts that echo around his brain.

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Thu, May 1 2014 8:31 AM

Sorry for not searching the forums for the explanation, Paul. No need to be insulting, though.

I'm curious though, what has been explained? The player, JasenKelly, specifically or the practice of not playing ranked rounds to avoid being promoted?

If it's the latter, please, enlighten me. I haven't been playing this game for years so I don't know the story behind this practice. Has it been debated and decided there's nothing worth worrying about? Is there nothing that can be done about it?

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Thu, May 1 2014 8:53 AM

BubbaSauce:

Sorry for not searching the forums for the explanation, Paul. No need to be insulting, though.

I'm curious though, what has been explained? The player, JasenKelly, specifically or the practice of not playing ranked rounds to avoid being promoted?

If it's the latter, please, enlighten me. I haven't been playing this game for years so I don't know the story behind this practice. Has it been debated and decided there's nothing worth worrying about? Is there nothing that can be done about it?

Here read this

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, May 1 2014 9:12 AM

BubbaSauce:
    I haven't been playing this game for years so I don't know the story behind this practice.

Despite of your confession you attack this player as a cheat. Who is insulting then?

Edit:

And, you received the explanation on 04-21 already. Boy, what's your drug to blow your mind & memory?

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Thu, May 1 2014 9:17 AM

spdemon:

Here read this

Thanks. After doing some searching, I finally came across that thread and read through it.

I apologize for bringing attention to this without knowing the full story. Certainly looked suspicious, but after reading the thread, it's legit.

I still say, the idea of limiting your ranked rounds for the purposes of keeping yourself in the lower tiers needs to be addressed. Maybe it has, I don't know. In my searching, I didn't find anything in that regard, but then my searches weren't meant to be looking for that.

What's to stop someone from creating a new account, playing a bunch of CTTH games or other non-ranked round types of games and building up their XP's? It might take a little time, but soon you're a level 30 Amateur or a level 70 Pro. You have access to equipment that legit Amateurs and Pros wouldn't normally have access to. You could then enter tournaments for those tiers and pile up a bunch of credits, which could then be used to gift your original account with equipment.

If a match play victory vs a higher-tiered player can be translated in to a lower average, why can't a similar formula be put in place for other non-ranked round type of games?

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Thu, May 1 2014 9:38 AM

alosso:

Despite of your confession you attack this player as a cheat. Who is insulting then?

Edit:

And, you received the explanation on 04-21 already. Boy, what's your drug to blow your mind & memory?

Valid points, alosso.

I hadn't read the other thread, since my post there, until this morning. So, I didn't know there was an explanation when I posted here back on 4/28.

I would have to say that Paul's insults were just as misguided as mine. Not knowing something doesn't necessarily make one a fool. If, after being informed, one still acts the fool, then they are open season.

I have been informed and I apologize for any offending statements.

• PAGES
RSS