Forums

Help › Forums

iron sets

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 4 2014 7:00 AM (9 replies)
  • DAputts
    1,896 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 12:06 PM

I may have missed them but is there anywhere that all distances for each club in a iron set is located.  Would be helpful when choosing a set to be more compatible with my game...or even what the gap is between clubs are....thank

• munchie2580
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 2:55 PM

click on compare, choose 2 clubs at least.. located at the top of screen, and tick clubs you want to compare

DAputts:

I may have missed them but is there anywhere that all distances for each club in a iron set is located.  Would be helpful when choosing a set to be more compatible with my game...or even what the gap is between clubs are....thank

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 6:21 PM

Some are posted on the forums, though you can check them by doing a pratice round with the iron set of your pick.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, May 3 2014 11:18 AM

The distances are just approximations since so many factors affect shot distance - wind, ball make/model, elevation change, lie, course, etc.

Plus you can only buy sets of irons, not individual clubs

So i never bothered about distance ratings and was more concerned with the club attributes like the Precision, Forgiveness, Spin, etc.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, May 3 2014 12:15 PM

DAputts:
    is there anywhere that all distances for each club in a iron set is located.

This list is pretty old ... goes back to November of last year, but will give you an idea of the distances for the clubs I either received from others or knew when I was creating my Notebook program.

Irons List with distances

Hope this helps!

Kat ♥

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, May 3 2014 1:34 PM

No offence but that's the last thing you should be looking at IMO.

That L1 Cally ball is expensive for what it is.  

Those L79 Blades are good but a fairly quick meter and a miss with the wind especially gets punished.  

A slower meter set of irons would allow a different ball possibly? That ball would have better attributes also and the cheaper price would help pay for the new irons.  

Wedge wise I don't know how you are with the meter speed, but something to think about.  What you are missing is a 64 degree wedge which, once learned, will put you tap in close from 7 - 60 yards.  T Pro tees I accept, but you should seriously consider how often you are not up and down from just around the green especially.  If it is an issue that 64 degree wedge will be handy and you would not know the hybrid is gone for this game. DO THOUGH think carefully about wedges and read the forums with 3 evenly spaced ones the way to go (bearing in mind the PW always as that in effect the 4th wedge).

• DAputts
    1,896 Posts
    Sat, May 3 2014 1:38 PM

Thanks much Kat..was a huge help..Wanted to compare sets before buying....Thanks again...

DA

• DAputts
    1,896 Posts
    Sat, May 3 2014 1:43 PM

None taken.  I appreciate the advise...I'm gonna get the 64.  Thanks again...

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 2:49 AM

Nice work Kat, kudos.

EDIT : J

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 7:00 AM

ScottHope:
     Nice work Kat, kudos.

Thanks, Scott!  I had a good teacher!

RSS