Forums

Help › Forums

From Rusted to total Corrosion.

Thu, Nov 13 2014 1:33 PM (773 replies)
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 4:50 PM

Was lookin' forward to a threesome with Duff and Beth, but he went home with the lady. Nice win Duff. I was lookin' good for the first half but the better man came through at the end.

Good luck on your catch-up games.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 4:54 PM

had a game with ZioMio at Beth -

it was a very fun round - more to do with the company than the golf I think - I had no business winning this one -  

Was down early and getting a lesson on how to play with the free ball from Zio - amazing.  Then the lipouts started coming and I was given a hole by wgt in my opinion.  I finally won a legit hole on 16 and if not for a tough slick putt from atop the 17th green for ZM I'd not have won that hole either. 18 was make or break as I left my birdie putt a bit wide -  I thought for sure he and the game deserved xtras - but it was one of those rounds a bit for both of us.  

not sure how i won - and had a really good time hitting with you Z - thanks!

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 4:59 PM

Great start from the duffster ( cut it out you shark lol ) 

All scores upto date I hope ;-) 

2nd_Squirelnutz_Interspecies_Invitational

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 10:16 PM

mkg335 was kind enough to help me play catch up and we had a real barn burner at St Andrews - 

The match began with a red hot MKG with birdies on the first 3 holes, and maybe the 4th - I was a bit dizzy to remember much about 13, 14, or 15.  I do recall a somewhat stuck approach on 16 that somehow made me all square.  I quickly lost the momentum on 17 after finding the trap for my 2nd and blew the putt for par and M solidly put it back to 1 up for him.  On 18, the massive drive by MKG had him straddling the fence on the back, way back of the green.   I was 27 short of the green and only hit a 20 foot flop but the camera gods made it brutally tough for him to see his 2nd shot alignment and came up short as well. At any rate, we got back to AS on 18 and on to xtras.  It's still crazy but we went to the 3rd xtra and not sure how I survived 10 and 11 again and somehow I got the win on the third xtra.

it was another super fun round with a great player - thanks for the terrific match!

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 10:45 PM

Was a great match, great fun, and Rick hung in there and made a strong comeback.  Good luck the rest of the way, bud!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Jul 18 2014 5:09 AM

And now, a word from our sponsor,

photo b73b2e88-2b24-4f62-9119-a4b12c124ea4_zpse8ad27b2.jpg

Go Nutz !

Doc :)

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Jul 18 2014 6:06 PM

Paul and I just played , WGT had us restart 3 times , But what a game that was once we got going . 

Nice win Sir . 

Once more I will say that some of the best games I have played have been here at the 

" Renni Open "

OPY

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:35 AM

Hi everyone :)  I'm looking to get a game or two knocked out in an effort to catch up a little bit - so if anyone feels like having a smack and getting a game in - gimme a shout out .

please and thanks - trust me - my recaps won't be so long winded - i was just excited to be a part of this :)

duff

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 4:04 PM

Hi Duffer , Welcome to the Renni Open . Did Doc tell you what seat you have on the short bus ?

Any one see DaveStrock,s HIO he posted today ?

Sorry for not getting my games in , I have been busy with the Christmas in July .

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 1:41 AM

Hi everyone

I still have the following games left:

Kiawah Island
    SweetMiffy v Mushy01

The Olympic Club

SweetMiffy v DaveStrock

Pinehurst #2
    SweetMiffy v duffer19

Best Of Famous
    SweetMiffy v Ziomio

Please send me a message when you can play. I'm back at uni from tomorrow (21st July - poopie) so I won't have so much free time during the day

RSS