Forums

Help › Forums

golf balls

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 9 2014 12:18 AM (2 replies)
  • Swdriver
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 12:35 PM

Why do my golf balls get removed right in the middle of a round and i have not lost it in a hazard or anything like that.Today they removed a ball and it was on the green.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 2:47 PM

Swdriver:

Why do my golf balls get removed right in the middle of a round and i have not lost it in a hazard or anything like that.Today they removed a ball and it was on the green.

Just as in real golf, if you hit a virtual golf ball into the water or out of bounds, you must replace it with a different ball. Also, when you play with a real golf ball it begins to lose compression and eventually becomes less playable. We have a similar concept in WGT where balls purchased from the Pro Shop have a durability factor and will wear out as you use them. You get roughly three rounds of golf with each ball before it wears out.

When a ball wears out you will receive the message that the ball has been "Taken Out of Play".

When a balls wears out, it is automatically replaced by another ball of the same type from your inventory. If you have none of the same type, they are replaced instead with a free WGT starter ball. Please check the FAQ to learn more about golf balls.

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#balls

- WGTdbloshoe

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, May 9 2014 12:18 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    [...] when you play with a real golf ball it begins to lose compression and eventually becomes less playable.[...]

There it is again! ;)

Luckily, "lose compression" and "less playable" do not apply here. In WGTland, it's all about counting the strokes. Depending on their durability cipher, ball lives are about 90 - 125 strokes, not counting putts on the greens - see the wee meter next to the big ball in the lower right corner. It turns red when 25 shots are left.

Special WGT conditions:

- OOB may be on the course, next to the mini-map borders,

- we may not search or fish for balls (have you ever seen Tiger's caddy do it?)

- we may not change to another custom ball in-game - observe the "buy now" indications.

To me, it's easier not to grieve for each "stolen" ball but to consider them as an entry fee to the game. Obviously, the company have to cover their expenses and they need some revenue - ball sales is a base item of the business.

Good thing is, each of us has the fee in his hands individually - chose the ball which corresponds to the worth of the fun!

RSS