Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 3:14 PM

I like Sals way of thinking, but I think he might be a bit overly optimistic!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 7:47 AM

Hey everyone! Tonight is game 1 of the 2010 World Series between the AL Champion Texas Rangers and the NL Champion San Francisco Giants. Just for fun does anyone have any predictions in how many games this is going to go and who wins. I say Rangers in 5.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 8:12 AM

I could be wrong but I see the Rangers inexplicably imploding and losing in 6 games.  Yoda, if I'm correct will you put up the Mariner's logo for a week?  :)   (But no fair making it red and white)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 8:21 AM

As scrappy as the Giants are this is the very first trip ever to the WS for the Rangers. With what Nolan Ryan and Co. have done for that franchise it would be a shame for them not to complete the Cinderella story. If they want to do it in front of their fans they're going to have to get it done in 5 games or less. The Giants' pitching is too good for that so I see it as anybody's game with an edge to Texas for the story of it.

Besides, if the team that knocked you out of it wins everything then you can say you lost to the best. Hmm, you suppose Yoda might pull for the Giants now?   :-D

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 8:29 AM

YankeeJim:
    Hmm, you suppose Yoda might pull for the Giants now?

Absolutley not! Like I said in a earlier post. Next year I want REVENGE!! The Giants in the NLCS and the Yankees in the World Series! I know it's a TALL order but I have seen stranger things happen. I do not want the Giants to win this series AT ALL for any reason. I would really like to flip out and cuss the Giants and their players (espicially Cody Ross) on here but I will take a step back and calm down and try to keep a level head about this whole thing and really hope they get slaughtered against the Rangers. The chances of that happening are slim to none but I can dream can't I?

And yes DMM. If the Giants win in 6 then 2 days after the World Series I will change my pic to the Mariners logo for 1 week. I know you guys need all the support you can get so I would be more than willing to help you and your team out. And it's a good thing you said no red and white cuz I was thinking about it. lol

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:32 AM

I honestly (without bias) think the Giants have the edge.

My reasoning is that although Texas had a .270-something BA this year, it was also with a DH lineup, which will be negated for (potentially) 4 games.  My guess is the Giants will keep thier same llineup (for the most part) and just DH the pitchers spot.

After Cliff Lee, I think the pitching advantage favors the Giants....personally I'd hav rather seen Cain start Game 1 against Lee, but I guess that's why I just watch the games and not manage them!

I don't look for the Giants to score a lot, I see another series of close games...Giants in 6...with maybe Texas taking Game 1 tonight and the first one in Arlington.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 10:08 AM

You have points there MB but something you will see happen that's maddening  as hell-the Rangers never stop coming at you. Every friggin inning, just about, they had runners on base. A dink here, a dunk there and all of a sudden it's 2nd and 3rd and you're pressing. Pitchers pitch differently out of the stretch and the Rangers have an annoying way of distracting the pitcher. Now you get to 2 and 3 ball counts where they sit on your strike. They don't get in a disarray over anything. Witness them blowing Game 1 in the ALCS and then stuffing the Yankees in Games 2,3 and 4.

Small ball is going to be the order of this series and will be very tense. It should be good.  :-)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 1:39 PM

Wow. I can't believe the Giants got to Cliff Lee. Where the hell did that offense come from? 11 runs? And the Rangers even got to Lincecum as well. That was a pretty entertaining game last night. Espicially if your a Giants fan. I would of liked to see that ball game go another 2 innings or so. Because if it would have I would bet that the Rangers just might of come back the whole way. Well I guess its a good thing for the Giants that its a 9 inning game and not a 13 inning game. San Francisco Giants lead the best of seven 1-0. Will the Rangers tie the series up tonight or will the Giants take a comanding  2-0 lead heading to Arlington. Aside from the Rangers winning I would like to see the series go seven games. Game 2 is tonight. So stay tuned to the surprising events that are this years playoffs in MLB.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 1:54 PM

Deja vu all over again. They did the same thing against the Yankees and then smoked them 3 straight although they didn't blow last night's game, they just got blown out. 

How about the look on Sanchez's face against Lee the third time-the AB where the go ahead run was on second. Heh, God wasn't going to throw anything by him, let alone Cliff Lee. The Giants played like they wanted to win and the Rangers just watched. They don't get those garbage runs in a close game. Uribe ended it early.

Get Vlad off the field!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 8:08 PM

How 'bout them G's?!

RSS