Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 3:44 PM

MBaggese:

If SF wins, you use the "SF" logo in your pic for a month.

If Philly wins, I use the Philly logo as my pic for a month.

Oh yeah. I thought we agreed to a week. Thats my bad. Your right it was a month. But ok. I'll go for that as well. Two days after the World Series is over I will be taking the logo down in replace of a way better logo. But yeah, not till next year and we beat the Giants will some of the pain go away. And if by some dumb luck we meet in the playoffs and the Phillies win, then and only then will 90% of the pain go away. It will never all go away because we should of won that series. Not because of blown calls or anything like that. But because the Phillies were the better team "on paper" and the favorite to win the series. If the Rangers win this series against the Giants then I think that proves my point even more. Now thats not to say the Giants are a horrible team. They are not. They have some great young talent. But until they put together a string of playoff apperances this will be considered a "fluke" season. Enjoy my pic while it lasts cuz 2 days after the series is over it comes down.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 5:18 PM

In sympathy to Yoda79 I offer up this new San Francisco Giants logo.  (see my profile pic)

DMM (actually a Giants fan)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 5:35 PM

LOL.....I lover it!!! You know after you suggested that i tryed to manipulate it in photoshop but couldn't figure out how to do that. Thats is completely awesome!!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 5:42 PM

Yoda... you can right click on it and save it to your desktop and then insert it as your logo.  Until MBaggese makes the surprising discovery.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 9:24 AM

Sorry...but my true colors bled through. I can't help it. I'm a Philly fan. LOL. Thanks DMM!!!

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 9:39 AM

THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT.

HALLADAY AND OSWALT ARE OUR BIATCH'S.

MY PREDICTION IS THE GIANT'S WIN IN 5 GAMES BECAUSE OF OUR PITCHING.

GO GIANTS

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 10:08 AM

LMAO. Little excited are we Sal? A 1951 radio call that was the best ever. "Bobby Thompson hits one in the left field stands and the fans are going crazy....."

Uh, not for nothing there Sal, let's keep the earthquakes out of it this time.   :-D

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 10:40 AM

Yeah, I gotta agree. That is probably one of the best calls of all time. Or at least one of the most memorable calls. Still for me though, and only because I'm a Philly fan the best call was 2008 Harey Kalas game 5 of the World Series. Not a call that the average baseball fan could look back on and say that was a great call. Just for me it was special for a couple of reasons. Number 1 that was the first time any of my sports teams won any kind of championship since I began watching sports in 1989. And to hear Kalas call games on the radio for many many years (didn't have cable tv growing up) it was something I'll never forget. Number 2. Now that call became even more special to me because unfortuantly Kalas passed on and he never got to see the team repeat as NL champions. So it was really nice to know that he was there for the 1980 team and the 2008 team. I know many of you will disagree if not all of you will but again for me his voice was Philadelphia. And the best call was his in 08'. On that note anybody else have a favorite call?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 3:02 PM

Yoda79:

Sorry...but my true colors bled through. I can't help it. I'm a Philly fan. LOL. Thanks DMM!!!

Shoot man, you can make'em green, blue, etc...You'll know why it's there regardless of the color! ;)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 3:13 PM

Yoda79:

It will never all go away because we should of won that series. Not because of blown calls or anything like that. But because the Phillies were the better team "on paper" and the favorite to win the series. If the Rangers win this series against the Giants then I think that proves my point even more.

That would prove nothing.  It may soothe the hurt of Philly fans, but has no bearing on reality....sorta a "loss-Placebo" pill.

RSS