Help › Forums

concede hole in match play

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 28 2010 12:10 PM (6 replies)
  • thetomswift
    2 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 8:35 PM

Hi:

I have started playing more match play and I usually play against folks who are better than me.  That's fine - but I wish there was a CONCEDE THE HOLE feature.

The other night I was playing a guy who hit a great iron, about two feet from the pin.  Meanwhile, I was in the fescue, flailing away.  Then I was in the bunker.  Then I hit long over the green.  Then a three put.

In normal match play, I could concede the hole, and we could move on.  My opponent was nice, but he shouldn't have to sit there for ten minutes while I masacred the hole.

You should allow a player to concede a hole - it happens all the time in match play and would speed the game.

Thanks.

Tom

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 11:37 AM

I TOTALLY AGREE.  THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE A LOOOOONG TIME AGO. 

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 11:57 AM

I agree too.

• robharris59
    427 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 12:10 PM

What a time saver for your opponant a concede feature would be. Cone wgt.....lets make it happen

thanks

Rob

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:01 AM

We've been asking for this for months, but obviously our voices haven't been near loud enough, as this option isn't even included in the "Down the Road" list of things to come.

Warren

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:46 AM

And don't forget there is a BEST MATCH button on your matchplay page which should ensure you don't get one sided games.

• dtf1169
    5 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:17 AM
    but, it is also an opportunity to get tips from more expirienced players. I try to give 'pointers' to players who are below my level. I think it helps the entire game.
RSS