Forums

Help › Forums

Memorial Day

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 25 2014 5:27 AM (4 replies)
  • mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sat, May 24 2014 8:28 AM

Have a safe one.  And remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.  My Uncle did on the USS Arizona on December 7th, 1941 at the age of 19.

• rollinbus1
    110 Posts
    Sat, May 24 2014 12:44 PM

may they rest in peace .. don't like war but do respect those who where not given a choice  .. my step did 3 tours nam korea  and bornio .. als he passed last year with the white ensign of coffin  ..  was a clearance diver for the aussie navy . please all pay your respects on the day

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, May 24 2014 1:05 PM

As a Vet myself, I never forget my brothers and sisters in arms. We did our part I hope. All gave some and some gave all. I was raised by a Marine Corp Gunny so my roots go deep. Anyone having no respect for the military, please do not comment on this thread. Just my wish, not the consensus of everyone. 

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sat, May 24 2014 3:28 PM

Great thread to start for this special day.  As a vet, i think about those who gave their lives for us often.  Been in the military and working for Uncle Sam for 32 years now.  Combat Engineers!  WhoYa!!!!

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 5:27 AM

I also am an Army vet.  Been out for decades. Ina small town here there is a veterans memorial wall.  All the people that served that came from this county is on it.  Including mine.  A few of the guys I went in with didn't make it back from nam.  RIP guys.

RSS