Forums

Help › Forums

WGT - Please respond

Fri, Oct 1 2010 3:08 AM (5 replies)
  • MJS74
    341 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 5:12 AM

Over the past weeks many changes have been implemented which, by and large have been met with derision, frustration, venting and general disquiet.

Central to the feedback you have received is that head in the sand approach you take to communication.  The "Hey Guys, thanks for the feedback" and "You're thoughts are important to us" seem to be incredibly hollow.

Evidence of this...

The Blitz feature: who asked for it?  Instead of coding that would it not have been better to spend time on the demands of what seems to be a large group?  Notably, more pin positions, more courses, doing something about the TM vs Legends distance issue, sorting bugs, such as not being able to putt from the fringe

WGT has the potential to be truly great.  The platform seems to be in place, but like so many "tech" companies you are utterly clueless when it comes to customer liaison.  eg, as late as four days before the introduction of the blitz and kilts (less said about the latter the better) update, no-one could give an ETA for the release.

This maybe a reflection of the speed with which things happen.  It may also be a reflection of the seeming desire to extract as much cash as possible from people by allowing people to buy things which are then superceded a couple of days later.

My advice, for what it's worth.  Spend a little more on communication and a little less on coding.  WGT: I welcome your thoughts and that of other customers.

Martin

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 5:31 AM

MJS74:
    The Blitz feature: who asked for it?

Members asked for it.  Multi-player CTTH has been on the Player Suggestion List for months.

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 5:46 AM

andyson: thanks for the claification.  My error.  I believe that my point regarding their comms is still valid.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 6:08 AM

MJS74:
    I believe that my point regarding their comms is still valid.

Absolutely mate!

• WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 2:49 PM

Hey MJ,

We do agree with both you and Andyson that listening to what players tell us is an important part of the ongoing growth of WGT.  In addition to the data collected on individual game mechanics, and how various pieces of equipment are being used across the entire player base, direct feedback helps us to build a working understanding of what people are most passionate about.

With recent changes you mention, giving people advance notice was important. After working with feedback which helped to advise the release, asking players directly what they saw as the biggest issues to follow up on helped us to act accordingly.  Continued contact with players on these issues has been invaluable.

We're coming up on a month since this big release and we are still collecting data on usage, as well as reading the forums, direct messages, and emails and will continue to make adjustments to help individuals as well as tiers.  It will take time, not just to crush bugs and immediate playability issues, but to address long term issues as well. 

Your feedback (and bug reports...the more detailed reports we get, the better!) remains a key part of our progress. We can't emphasize this enough, and we hope you will continue to tell us what you think.

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 3:08 AM

Thank you for the response Sky.  Greatly appreciated.

The advance notice clearly is important, providing a little extra detail on what the changes will mean to players would be helpful, and may avoid disgruntlement.

Thanks again

RSS