Forums

Help › Forums

The Blitz

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 12 2013 2:58 PM (49 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 6:39 PM

I must congratulate WGT on the blitz game. Really, truly a fun new addition. Way to go!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 2:23 PM

Does anyone else like it?

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 2:28 PM

I do. It's a fun addition, and a great way to play a quick MP game. It also (for me) made the CTTH more relevant, since before Blitz I never played them.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 2:50 PM

I think it is great SP.  Takes about 10 minutes to play with two and brings some strategy into the game.  Love to play a round at Celtic Manor with you.

The bonus aspect is neat, WGT needs to inform folks better how it works.

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 3:12 PM

Hey Sweetie,

Yeah I played my first round of it this morning; and what a great new way to play.  I found it addicting  after the first hole, lol.   Well done WGT.  Can't complain about this aspect of the new set up.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 3:15 PM

I agree with everyone on here above my post. I absolutely love "BLITZ". It's alot like CTTH obviously but, with the scoring and playing against other people it somehow is a little better than CTTH. I already loved the CTTH games and my stats prove it. So far I have played 207 CTTH games since joining this site back July of this year. I didn't say I was any good at them but I am getting better. I have alot of fun trying to crack the top 50. (My best finish is 98) Now I'm really going to have fun trying to collect all the Blitz awards. And it seems to me that if you consistently hit the green (maybe miss 1 or 2) and score 1 hole in one then you should be able to collect that coveted Diamond award. I say that only because I saw it happen. Anyways I love the new addition and look forward to playing anybody and everybody on this site. Good job WGT!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 3:27 PM

Yes, it is wonderful. What I appreciate most of all, is being able to play with anyone from hack to Legend; knowing that regardless of the level, there are only 9 shots per player, and certainly none of the famous "I want to protect my precious average" crap.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 3:31 PM

You can get some huge bonsu points in blitz.

Hit all 9 greens and you get 12.8k points.  The inside 10 feet bonus can be huge, I may be off but I think it goes up to 128.0k points.  My best to date is 118 points so I am trying to get the 125k award next.

Just played a match where the other player aced a hole, #3 at Kiawah the chip, think it was the 7th hole in the challenge.  He got 40K for an ace but his score exploded to 283k after that hole.  He finished with 353k something doesn't seem right  lol

Best part is almost no quitters.  Worse thing is if you get locked up then your game doesen't save.

Well said SP

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 4:45 PM

Can't agree with you more "sweetiepie" about the quitting or the lack there of when playing Blitz. Although, I was playing last night and because somebody lost there ball they disconnected. Now maybe they actually had to go.......obviously I don't "really" know but I'll stick with my opinion. With the exception of that...yeah....no quitters. Thank god!! BTW my high score so far is only a dismal 70,000 points. Check back in a week and I'm sure I will be up over 100,000.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 6:39 PM

SweetiePie:
    Does anyone else like it?

You bet, mostly non quitters, fast game, and lots of fun. Of course you can always find something wrong, and that would be that each hole is predictable after you play a few times. Maybe changing holes or lys would help, but on a scale of 1 -10, a solid 9

RSS