Thu, Dec 12 2013 2:58 PM (49 replies)
  • BADMARIE
    817 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 5:31 PM

Wow, and I thought my 242,800 was good. Guess not lol

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 9:37 AM

NC... maybe WGT would be kind enough to provide us with the scoring matrix, then we would all know for sure:)

OP - i agree SP - Blitz is a lot of fun!

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 10:32 AM

Got 427k in a round.  Aced the first hole and the 9th hole at Kiawah.

The bad thing was I had a meter glitch on the 7th hole, the short 30 yard pitch, missed the green on a hole where you can get within 5 feet 99% of the time.  Without that glitch I think I would have gotten about 550k.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 12:54 PM

Very awesome! You Know it! Sweet!

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 1:17 PM

427k NC? wow - that's by far the highest i've heard of. very nice. it would be cool to have a top 100  list of best ever scores [1 per player per course - their best]. it would be interesting to see. let us know when u get the million...

• broccoli
    222 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 1:33 PM

That's nothing; may I direct everyone's attention here? His 632,982 easily beats any other score that you lot have mentioned!

@JH - you're famous now :))

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 3:10 AM

Thanks Broc :)  Here's the card, in case anyone was wondering.  If I hadn't got over-excited and missed the last 2 greens, it would have been even better.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 10:01 AM

Great score beats me by a lot.  I didn't save my round but it was a similar type of card except I aced 1 and 9, same course.  I hit 8 of 9 greens and was inside 10 feet on each of the 8 greens I hit.  Meter got me on the 5, the easiest shot of all and I didnt get it on the green.  I know that there is a consecutive aces bonus, not sure what it is but I would guess that maybe it has an addition double effect.

• dpckopy
    217 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 10:20 AM
    Played a Blitz last evening and scored a 351,000. I aced the first hole at Wolf Creek and then hit every green and also had an accuracy streak of about 5 holes. Amazing how quickly the score adds up. That 632,000 ... WOW. Great one. And back to back Ace's no less.
  • TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 12:38 PM

Yeah it is amazing how the score accumulates so fast.

I had a game last week in which I hit all nine greens and inside 10 feet on all of them as well.  No aces or it would have been a great score but even so I think I got well over 200k with the green bonus of 12.8k and the accuracy bonus of 128.0k.  I would have liked to have seen my final score if I had not missed the green on #7 in the game in which I had two aces, however I think that the two aces back to back have a much higher impact on score that the two I had several holes apart.

I know the basic of the scoring well but I don't understand the multiple ace scoring and certainly not the two in a row, WGT needs to put up a post helping us understand it.  It would also be great to see a weekly single play Blitz tourney each week.

The score leaderboard is something that I have asked for many times.  I thought it would be nice to see the leader in GIR, Driving, scoring on each nine, etc.  Just a little tab that shows it would be great to see.

In looking at the scorecard, it appears that making back to back aces triples your score. I added up the score by hole and got around 210K so triple that and you get to the 630k number.
RSS