Forums

Help › Forums

The Blitz

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 12 2013 2:58 PM (49 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 10:17 PM

Incidently, everyone here already knows you prefer playing with yourself.

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 5:48 AM

x1524807:

SweetiePie:
    Does anyone else like it?

You bet, mostly non quitters, fast game, and lots of fun. Of course you can always find something wrong, and that would be that each hole is predictable after you play a few times. Maybe changing holes or lys would help, but on a scale of 1 -10, a solid 9

With varying winds and greens speeds it's not really that predictable. Basically this is what many players have asked for for quite a long time, multi-player CTTH.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 6:24 AM

I really like it. :)

Played most of them already with varied results. Twice, however, I was unable to finish due to disconnects. And I wasn't given the opportunity to complete the rounds alone, either at the time, or later. Should I have been?

Had fun with a series of rounds when a few of us "traveled" thru a few different comps together.

Hit me up anytime! And... Turn It Up!

Thump-Thump!

:^)

• lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 1:25 PM

Ahhh, Lily (SweetiePie), still the salty tongue.  Gotta love it.  All of my WGT friends are enjoying this new toy.  Think I've played one stroke round in 3 days.  About 100 Blitz.  Fast, fun.  A little exaggeration of any mishits.

Was wondering what the high score is so far.  Read about the 353,000.  Got lucky with an ace at Andy's and ended up with 268,936.

Also, PugsAce and I were playing a Pro or whatever he was.  Never spoke a word, but when he knew he had lost, timed out 3 times on the 9th to get disqualified.  Would rather that he had disconnected.  Jerk!

Other than that, all positive from me except for not counting accuracy shots (within 20 ft) in Awards.

Let's play, Sweetie!!

• Rickypro
    559 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 4:21 PM

Just played my first Blitz round.  I thought it was a blast.  4 of us and didn't take long at all. 

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 6:21 PM

well, if you play every day, you get a bonus for cosistent play. helping my levels go by a lot faster.

• roona
    13 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 8:35 PM

I was involved in a blitz with 3 others when two of them started hurling insults at me when my score went way ahead.  I have nevr saeen anything like thiis on WGT

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 8:53 AM

I was playing with the player who got the 353k points and frankly it didn't make sense that he could have gotten that many points.  This is my version of the game scoring that made me feel that way.

Max Bonus for hitting 9 holes is 12,800

Max Bonus for hitting within 10 feet is 128,000

Scoring for each hole is a max of 90,000

Ace gets you a 40,000 bonus and doubles your score

So in a game which you hit 9 greens all within 10 feet and had an ace, your max score would be.......about 340,000.

I had a round in which I made an ace and my score jumped to almost 250,000 after that hole, I was booted and didn't finish so don't know what it would have been.

It would be nice to allow you to finish when you are locked or disconnected.

• moorecomp
    3 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 2:28 PM

I got lucky today and scored 329,438 on Celtic Manor.  I hit the pin on #1 and aced #8.  If you add up all of the hole scores individually, it comes to 164,719.  Then, since I got a HIO, you double the ENTIRE score for 329,438.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 11:22 AM

Nice score.  I played a bit ago and managed an ace on the Kiawah 9 hole challenge.  Believe it or not I didn't ace the 30 yard pitch but the 65 yard shot.  I got just over 250k points, missed a green that cost me about 10k points times 2 and after making the ace wasn't so great on my closest to the hole.

Still don't fully understand the scoring.  In looking at your score, you got 15k for your hit the pin and 40k for your ace and all points were doubled.  You didn't get the total bonus for hitting 9 greens and your closest bonus was only 1k.  Based on that I would think your score should be about as follows:

Green Bonus   3,200 times 2 = 6,400

Accuracy Streak Bonus   1,000 times 2 = 2000

Ace Bonus   40,000 times 2 = 80,000

Hit the Pin Bonus    15,000 times 2 = 30,000

Add the 9 hole score of about 9,000 per hole times 9 times 2 = 162,000

That still comes to about 275,000 points can someone help me with my math, I'm only a CPA with an MBA  lol  The score above was similar to my round, I had a little better bonus for accuracy and greens but didn't hit a pin did have an ace.  I would have thought this round would have been closer to the 255k that I had.  Not meaning to take anything away from the score and round very nice just trying to understand

RSS