Forums

Help › Forums

My friggin hdcp.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 9 2014 3:47 PM (3 replies)
  • TiGator
    33 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 10:39 AM

Hiya Folks my name is TiGator and surely enjoying most of what this game has to offer but surely would like to know how in the world I had a 72.3 avg. go to an avg. of 86 after one round of 9 holes at St. Andrews on tourney greens?  

Is this a normality type of situation here or what? 

Thanks in advance and Good luck on the turf!!! 

TiGator

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 10:49 AM

That was your first round as a Pro - congrats to your promotion!

The average is reset then, and the new conditions - longer tracks + faster greens - must have hit you unforeseen. Now you're doing much better!

BTW: Discard that crappy EZ-Swing 3WD, get yourself an R11!

• TiGator
    33 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 12:37 PM

Thank for the reply and yes I will replace that EZ crap now bro.  Thanks and good luck to you. 

TiGator 

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Jun 9 2014 3:47 PM

We don't have a handicap. We have a stroke average. They are very different.

With a handicap system, players adjust their score after a round based on their handicap.

Most players subtract their handicap from their gross score. A 'scratch' player (handicap of zero) does not adjust their score.

Most pro players would have + handicaps and have to add strokes to their gross score,

WGT is set up so less accomplished players play a shorter golf course (hit from tees closer to the hole) than more accomplished players play. 

RSS