Forums

Help › Forums

unexpected error.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 21 2014 8:36 PM (6 replies)
  • noname129
    392 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 7:22 PM

I just played a practice game on Kiawah back nine.  I was on the green of the 18th hole.  Stroked my putt and the screen freezes when I ding the putt.  I get a message stating an UNEXPECTED ERROR HAS OCCURED WITH YOUR GAME, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.  Two days ago the same thing happened to me on the same course, same hole when I teed off on the 18th hole.  I use shot pal and putter pal, all strokes and putts are counted for these two options and strokes counted on the ball I pay for.  Additionally I don't get credited for playing a round this day.  What the hell is going on WGT?  You guys so hard up for money you have to screw every played that uses the site or what?  This bull *** is really getting old.

• noname129
    392 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 7:40 PM

Update to above post.  Just tried another practice game, same course.  On the 13th hole teed off and got the same results.  Screen froze after twee shot.  Unexpected error message followed after a couple minutes.  Way to go WGT.  You guys really have your act together don't you.

• Beer7
    66 Posts
    Mon, Jun 9 2014 4:28 AM

Solution:

close window, click on play now in your profile screen and u can get on with the game you were playing.

• McPhilish
    11 Posts
    Mon, Jun 9 2014 1:59 PM

Hello;

I'm experiencing some of the same issues but mine is trying to actually play the game. I sign in and hitting the play now button it loads but them comes up as " Unexpected Game Error"..i tried for several times today at different points of the day and its still doing this? Im using Google Chrome as my platform. Am I missing something or has WGT really fouled up? Some settings need to be chanmged on computer? Never did this before.....

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

McPhilish/ Phil

• noname129
    392 Posts
    Mon, Jun 9 2014 5:58 PM

Tried that solution, did NOT work.

• groundsage
    184 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 9:43 PM

To get your credits for the day go to web page and choose "WGT Community" tab at top of page, From drop-down menu choose "Golf Courses," pick any one and play any one hole. You will have fullfilled your daily requirement. The other issues you present are (no offense) moot, since you wrote that it is only a practice and thus neither the score nor the number of holes you played has any bearing on anything.

The "

UNEXPECTED ERROR HAS OCCURED WITH YOUR GAME, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER" message annoys the hell out of me too. I do not understand what prevents them from expecting these errors, considering how often they happen.

I expect them, so what prevents WGT from expecting them?.

Moreover, how much "LATER" is much later? I don't mind returning in a few minutes with a cocktail, but too often it happens while people are waiting for me to return to game.

First time I got one of those error messages I went to pee and came back "later" to discover everyone had left.  Apparently they were not virtual players, and so i got a nasty note on my wall that said I should learn to go pee before I start to play the game.

Now I make shure to have one of those bottles (like they give you in the hospital) kept nearby. Unfortunately since I have been using that, I have been banned from Starbucks free wi-fi. No matter though, I use McDonald's instead, and have learned to also bring along a trench coat and at Olive Garden I keep the bottle off the table, or someone comes along and fills it with free ice tea.

• noname129
    392 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 8:36 PM

Lmao groundsage.

RSS