Forums

Help › Forums

putting

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:35 PM (7 replies)
  • fishndaflats
    14 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 3:56 AM

Hello fellow golfers I have search this site for practice putting and either I have over looked it of it's not there. Can anyone help me out here?

• toona
    389 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 4:17 PM

there is no practice green as of yet,but you can set up a practice round. Thus trying different putts once you get on the green. Hope this helps. Keep it in the short stuff.

• fishndaflats
    14 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 5:39 PM

I see that is what I need to be able to judge what the putting surface is all about.  It'd not like your able to putt from the same spot to see how much angle or speed on the ball o well I'll keep banging those 3 putts

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 5:59 PM

There is no practice green however you can select Kiawah Island and choose practice mode and practice on the greens. you have 10 shots per hole if you don't hole out so you have ample opportunity to practice your putting.

• BazBogey
    2 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:31 AM

hi

can someone help me

i'm still fairly new, i have got to pro status and have unlocked some decent clubs etc. However, I cannot play courses like celtci manor, wolf creek etc, is this just down to the fact i am pro? I play in a few tournaments and do ok, how do i unlock all courses and unlock the super clubs and equipment etc?

Most of the clubs left to unlock still do not rate that good?

please help

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 11:18 AM

Why anyone would consider paying & playing in money tournaments, matches, different clubs and balls is beyond me...Over ten months into this game,,,and it is more then obvious that no matter how well you play {all aspects,,,plus meter}, WGT controls the game...Just finished match play at Kiawah,,,with a weaker player,,,and won on the last hole. Now this gentlemen was having a tough time,,,but,,,silly little things kept him in the game,,,shots I've hit hundreds of times,,,not good enough to carry bunkers,,,shots stopping right the fringe,,,,scores of missed putts from within 3 feet,,,and a 3 putt from inside 3 feet,,,much to obvious,,,another aspect,,,,shots to the pin,,,all end up w/yardage,,,in between both wedges? So,,so,,,funky,,,plus much more. 

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 5:47 PM

Baz,

Only the four main courses are available for stroke play. That's the same for everyone no matter what tier or level. The other courses are 'in development' i think and only available in closest-to-the-hole (including blitz).

You unlock with levels and/or tiers and, yes, much of the higher level equipment is not that good. Generally you pay a lot more (both in credits and higher meter speeds) for a few extra yards distance.

I would advise being cautious about buying clubs. Your game will improve, your levels will increase and you will get a better idea of what type of club will really help. You will gain levels quite quickly and at level 32/33 you can get the 2010 Ping Raptures. In my opinion, only those with very good reactions (or very high tier that need much greater distances) should consider any other clubs (all of which have higher meter speeds and lower tolerance).

Having consistent meter speeds for all your clubs helps quite a lot so buying a set is good if you can afford it.

Selling clubs back is for a miniscule amount so, essentially, once you've bought something the credits have gone.

In summary: the longer you wait to buy the better that purchase will be.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:35 PM

there's no practice green on it's own... keep playing the 3 hole practice games, if you want to practice putting and you can set the practice game up with any speed on the greens or any Tee you want to start from...  There is a good post in the Forums/Game Tips, this is an excellant guide on how to judge the putting distance to the hole. The hardest part is judging the roll/swing of the putts either left or right downhill/uphill. Just keep playing and you will get used to it eventually (well sought of...lol) This might be a bit confusing...  but if I'm on a Very Fast green... 15ft from the hole with a 6 (downhill arrow)... I usually subtract 6 from 15 and try and do a putt about 9ft range, maybe a bit less...Uphill putts do the same add 15+6= 21, be careful, those figures are just astarting point, always pays to hit the putt a bitt less untill you get used to it, as long your 2 putting each green. But read the Putting tip in the forums... It's really Good... Good Luck :)

RSS