Forums

Help › Forums

Members who withdeaw from a game

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 26 2014 10:50 AM (1 replies)
  • McRussia
    20 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 10:47 AM

Hi all, I am McRssia, and I have to say I enjoy playing with everyone from any corner of the World.

However, I am appalled by the amount of members who pull-out of a game, mostly coz they getting beat, and it not look good on their "WGT CV"!!

I would like to suggest a solution:

After 3 withdrawals, from a game, from any member, they should get a weeks suspension.

This, obviously can be appealed, as unforseen circumstances can prevail, though, I believe those circumstances cannot be justified 3 times in a row.

I hope you do not think that is a cruel suggestion, and I would like to hear other opinions on this point.

LOL.

Dave (McRussia)

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 10:50 AM

Unfortunately some people will quit matches before they are finished because they've had a bad game (or even just a bad shot), though sometimes folks have to logout for legitimate reasons. 

It's not possible for us to determine which it is, but patterns are evident over time.  For example one indicator might be that someone has a very high discrepancy between level and tier. We did institute the Completion percentage so that players that quit have a low Completion percentage.

We do continue to work on instituting new ways to address the issue, so over time we hope to minimize it. In the meantime, consider playing with friends, or join a reputable club to meet new golfers who are invested in the group.  These type of players are much less likely to quit a game for all the wrong reasons.

RSS