Forums

Help › Forums

Brilliant bet . . . wish I thought of it!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 27 2014 6:29 AM (4 replies)
  • Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 1:50 PM

He has history! lol

Suárez was handed a seven-match ban by the Dutch FA and fined by his club for biting the PSV Eindhoven midfielder Otman Bakkal during an Eredivisie match.

Suarez, who earned a 10-match ban in 2013 for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic

Norwegian man wins bizarre Luis Suarez biting bet 

Larson New
    BY  ,TORONTO SUN

FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 25, 2014 10:18 AM EDT

luis suarez hungryUruguay's Luis Suarez (R) reacts after clashing with Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during their 2014 World Cup Group D soccer match at the Dunas arena in Natal June 24, 2014. (REUTERS/Tony Gentile)

In an email to the Associated Press, a spokesman for Bettson said the bettor won the prize on a 32 kroner bet (a little less than $5).

The spokesman also told the AP that the online gambling site had received "six-figures" worth of Norwegian kroner on the Suarez proposition bet.

Norway's largest newspaper, AftenPosten, reported Thomas Syversen as the winner.

“I woke up just before it happened, so I was not awake,” Syversen told the paper. “I saw the incident on replays.”

Following Uruguay's 1-0 win over Italy on Tuesday, a result that knocked the Azzurri out of the World Cup, FIFA announced it has opened an investigation in the alleged biting incident.

Syversen posted a picture of his betting slip as proof of the win.

View image on Twitter

Ouch!

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:20 PM

Yeh seen this aswell,lol but he wasn't the only winner,as another Norwegian won almost $3,300 on the same bet.The odds were 175-1 apparently.

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/1910428/norwegian-bettor-cashes-in-on-luis-suarezs-bite

Russell

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:25 PM

I am surprised at the length of the ban he got.4 Months,which is the equivalent of 9 premier League matches.He recieved a 10 match ban by the premier league for his bite on Ivanovich.

Russell

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:29 PM

Totally agree Russell he should have got at least a year if not 2.

RSS