Forums

Help › Forums

Anyone else seeing the following?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 12 2010 9:01 AM (27 replies)
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 8:49 PM

I've been a bit more sporadic in my play of late, but it seems like the putting mapping is off. I've played a number of rounds where perfect putts with perfect weight have just gone right through the cup and stopped maybe a foot or 2 past the hole. I don't mean caugt a lip, I mean dead center and just continues rolling as if the cup wasn't there.  Maybe it's me, just thought I'd ask around. Thank you.

• aus39au
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:20 PM

ive had this happen a few times then the next hole it freezes and my game is kaput.worst course i found was both bethpage and st andrews back 9

• okiegolfer
    19 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:23 PM

Not seeing what you describe here.  I can see where that would be pretty frustrating.  Lord knows, it's hard enough to get the right line and speed in the first place.  Hope you find out what's up! 

• liamruby
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:35 PM

i want my ball back!!!! ive lost 2 balls when they said it went in the water, but its right there on the rough, at least 2or 3 feet from the edge. i want my ball back. i paid for it

• liamruby
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:43 PM

i lose balls in the water and they are right there 2or 3 ft on the rough, iknow its not much but i payed for them, i want them back!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:55 PM

IvaThongon:

I've been a bit more sporadic in my play of late, but it seems like the putting mapping is off. I've played a number of rounds where perfect putts with perfect weight have just gone right through the cup and stopped maybe a foot or 2 past the hole. I don't mean caugt a lip, I mean dead center and just continues rolling as if the cup wasn't there.  Maybe it's me, just thought I'd ask around. Thank you.

Save the replay next time!

I've had some stuff not go in that I was hoping would just barely make it in, but I've never seen a putt with the correct pace roll straight over the hole and not go in.  I've seen people say it happened to them, but I'm eager to see a replay of such an occurrence.

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:59 PM

I have one saved in my replays.  Right over the top of the hole.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:07 AM

yokosaki:

I  have complained on a number of occasions about this,I have also submitted 4 bug reports, and added snapshots of the ball sitting over the hole, and I have saved all 4 putts.

And as of yet not had a single reply from WGT  about this I've come to the conclusion that they don't care as long as you spend ya money thats it as far as I can see. 

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:14 AM

yokosaki:

Nah... that's happened to me twice before.  It's just a stupid, extremely sharp break right in front of the hole.  Next time you're on the far side of that hole, just hit it harder.  You have to muscle it through that ridiculous last-second break.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:29 AM

CharlemagneRH:

IvaThongon:

Save the replay next time!

I've had some stuff not go in that I was hoping would just barely make it in, but I've never seen a putt with the correct pace roll straight over the hole and not go in.  I've seen people say it happened to them, but I'm eager to see a replay of such an occurrence.

Here is a replay of this problem. Laughing is allowed.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=526124c3-e6fb-4aed-9271-9e030008ef04

RSS