Help › Forums

Anyone else seeing the following?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 12 2010 9:01 AM (27 replies)
  • yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:56 AM

CharlemagneRH:
    Nah... that's happened to me twice before.  It's just a stupid, extremely sharp break right in front of the hole.  Next time you're on the far side of that hole, just hit it harder.  You have to muscle it through that ridiculous last-second break

Not that one, the other one.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 4:30 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

Here is a replay of this problem. Laughing is allowed.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=526124c3-e6fb-4aed-9271-9e030008ef04

It hit the hole and bounced a bit.  Seems to have been hit too hard.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 2:28 PM

Yako and 2minus, honestly when I see those putts, I completely can see reason why they didn go it.

Yako, when Charle said it breaks sharp at the hole, I knew it was Kiawah #7.  That putt can happen in real life, it didn't go over the hole as the OP stated, it broke away and probably just missed the edge of the cup on the low side.  Plus its momentum was pulling it away from the hole.

2minus, hard to tell since we cant see your meter, but just looks like you popped it too hard.  I dont think this game has it in it but anyone ever see the first few inches to a foot of a putt in slow-mo from the side?  Its often airborne.  You do that right next to cup you could fly it to the back lip and bounce over.

I want to see exactly what the OP is talking about, what I am picturing is a mapping issue like the hole is there in appearance, but no in programming, so it just runs straight over it like it wasn't there, is that what the OP is talking about?

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:26 PM

I had an issue yesterday but different i had a 6ft putt i hit 6ft it said it went 6ft but i was left with a 5ft putt from the same spot.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 4:08 PM

neildiamond11790:
    I want to see exactly what the OP is talking about, what I am picturing is a mapping issue like the hole is there in appearance, but no in programming, so it just runs straight over it like it wasn't there, is that what the OP is talking about?

Point taken ND. I thought it was impossible to miss from there, but i hear you loud and clear.

• WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 1:58 PM

Hey Andy, can you direct message me links to your replays?  I'll see if I can find out what the problem is.

Thanks

-Sky

• garyk49
    2,330 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 2:43 PM

Can't seem to get the replay into the forum correctly.  Look at my replays, "this is flat wrong", then tell me if it should not have gone in the hole.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 3:21 PM

Gary's replay here. For what it's worth Gary yes, it looks like it should have dropped. One thing WGTNiv explained a while ago was the mapping tolerances being within 1/2". That would be the only explanation for that putt not dropping-it could have been as much as 1/2" away from the hole. By the way it finished below the hole it might have never made it to the hole. Go figure.  :-(

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 4:02 PM

Heres 1 that i think should have gone in, but garys shot should have been a definate.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=a6eee4a7-467b-4b94-b6ce-9e070171504d

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 5:53 PM

Try THIS one.

RSS