rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 12 2010 9:01 AM (27 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 6:02 PM

Soulcatcher:

Try THIS one.

Too fast and not on center.

So far we have one example that looks bad... gary's.  Unfortunately for WGT, I'd guess that 90% of the complaints that they get are the game simply working as it should: realistically. 

That's not to say that the fringe putting and flag stick rocket balls are realistic, but regardless, most of the complaints about putts rolling over the hole are bogus.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 5:33 AM

CharlemagneRH:
    Unfortunately for WGT, I'd guess that 90% of the complaints that they get are the game simply working as it should: realistically. 

I think this is exaggerated by the mapping tolerances too. That 1/2" tolerance Niv mentioned is causing graphic inconsistencies, making things look closer than they actually are. Look at how many times a drive comes to rest on the ege of the fairway, clearly in the fairway on your screen but the lies says rough.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 6:14 AM

I have had several that appeared to do this.  I watched replay over and over trying to figure it out.  Then after saving the replay and viewing again, the cameras angles have changed slightly and the ball actually misses the cup.  I'm not sure why camera angles change after saving it, but this can certainly provide a slightly different perspective.

YankeeJim:
    I think this is exaggerated by the mapping tolerances too. That 1/2" tolerance Niv mentioned is causing graphic inconsistencies, making things look closer than they actually are.

Agreed.  I've actually only had 2 putts that I know where dead center (hole is 4" wide so 1/2" variance doesn't account for miss) roll straight over cup and come to rest about 10" directly behind the hole.  One happened on BPB #2 and the other on STA #6. 

I do think the camera variance if far greater than 1/2" though.  I've seen countless shots be at least 7-8 club heads in the fairway but are still declared in the rough.  Oddly enough I rarely see shots that are even slightly in the rough from camera's eye be declared in the fairway.  LOL  Also several of the shots I described above that appear to roll straight over hole actually haven't come within 8" of it after saving replay and viewing again.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 9:40 PM

(edit: Nevermind.  New view in the replay shows it hit the side of the cup, not the center.)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:11 AM

jakestanfill7:
    Also several of the shots I described above that appear to roll straight over hole actually haven't come within 8" of it after saving replay and viewing again.

Very true. When I saved that replay it was dead centre. That is why I figured I would at least get a 'flagstick' hit.

Now it looks like it hit the edge and lipped around a bit.

Oh well.

• UniBooboo
    42 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 9:21 AM

here are a couple i have in my replays :

All Best viewed from Camera 2 -

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=65547478-fe04-4039-a85b-9d300094fec6

and for my next trick........

The In&Out put - please don't try this at home, I'm a professional !

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=637ab124-2967-4e03-990f-9d27013fd8dd

Unibooboo

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 9:38 AM

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=79ebf977-82a0-400f-9701-9e0901121994

It's not over the center, but it looks like it was going in, then decided to hang on the edge or even hover over the hole. :(

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 9:01 AM

Thank you all for the input. Glad to hear it isn't just me.

RSS