Hello! Newbie question for you...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 4 2014 12:52 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SunDune
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 11:11 AM

Hi,

I'm looking forward to shooting lots of rounds in the coming months, but first i have a question. Sometimes when i'm on a green the camera can be pretty far away from the avatar and thus the important action - i can barely grab hold of the triangle, let alone know where i'm aiming accurately. Is this normal, or is it a bug or perhaps there's something wrong with my settings?

Many thanks,

Chris

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 11:53 AM

SunDune:

Hi,

I'm looking forward to shooting lots of rounds in the coming months, but first i have a question. Sometimes when i'm on a green the camera can be pretty far away from the avatar and thus the important action - i can barely grab hold of the triangle, let alone know where i'm aiming accurately. Is this normal, or is it a bug or perhaps there's something wrong with my settings?

Many thanks,

Chris

Welcome to the game!  If you look at the mini map you will see other camera angles you can use.  I tend to prefer the reverse camera angle for putting.

- WGTdbloshoe

• SunDune
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 12:40 PM

Thanks for the info! I would prefer to have two usable camera angles to choose from, but i will have to practise using the reverse. Sometimes there are two good camera angles, it's just sometimes the camera's too far back.

Thanks again.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 10:39 AM

Some hole placements were added after a course was photographed, making the camera angles less than good. They do not have photographs made from the optimum camera placements for those added holes.

Kiawah is the prime example of that situation. Kiawah was WGT's 1st online course.

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 2:57 AM

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 9:06 AM

I don't know if WGT contacted Kiawah about returning to photograph the new hole positions, but doing the needed photography is pretty disruptive to the operation of a golf course.

Consequently, Kiawah Resort may have declined allowing WGT to do so.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 11:32 AM

ApexPC:

I don't know if WGT contacted Kiawah about returning to photograph the new hole positions, but doing the needed photography is pretty disruptive to the operation of a golf course.

Consequently, Kiawah Resort may have declined allowing WGT to do so.

So you're saying blame the Kiawah Resort and not WGT for the bad angles on Kiawah putts?

LMAO!  Where do you get this stuff?  Pure speculation.

And totally wrong.  So stop giving people the wrong impression.

Scroll to the bottom of this page for the research I did on the 2nd pins at Kiawah.

In short, WGT thought they took the photos for the new pins, but they couldn't find them and thought they were lost forever.  But they found some, if not all, the photos in a backup.  So they released the 2nd pins.  And its obvious they had to scramble to fill in some of the missing photos.

• SunDune
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 1:56 PM

Interesting conversation! Some kind of communication from WGT about this would be helpful - i'm surprised there hasn't been any.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 3:17 PM

Follow the link:

andyson's insights come from former WGT statements by WGTicon - isn't that official enough?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 5:08 PM

I don't know 100% what we did but my speculation is similar to andy's. The only way for us to bring you 2nd set of pins on kiawah, was just that. We were lucky to find extra data/images which allowed us to build a 2nd set pf pins.

Yes, some spots are sketchy, yes some spots makes you want to turn your monitor sideways, but they are all the same for all players, so that makes it fair.

Best to keep personal notes and if #15 kiawah has weird view left and left, make sure you stay short and right.

-wgticon

• PAGES
RSS