Forums

Help › Forums

putting

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 6 2014 5:48 PM (5 replies)
  • johnc500
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 8:52 AM

My putting sucks,any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 10:36 AM

johnc500:

There are a couple of good threads in the Game Tips section.  Also you can use the search box to your right to look for putting tips.

- WGTdbloshoe

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Jul 6 2014 9:39 AM

johnc500:

Your putt has zero chance to go in the hole if you leave it short. So, you always want the ball to roll past the hole. But, not to far past the hole. I strive to hit the ball so that if I miss it goes no further than 2 feet past the hole.

To that end I first started using a pieces of paper taped to my screen that divided the putting meter into 10 equal sections - a DIY Putter Pal - so I could more accurately judge putt stroke strength for distance.

Another aid to putting is being able to hit your approach shots close to the hole, and to know where on a green to hit the ball relative to the hole so a putt will have little or no break.

So you need to keep notes, either in your head or on paper.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Jul 6 2014 9:56 AM

johnc500:
    any advice would be welcomed
    Use the mulligan option in practice mode. It will help you to dial in on the break and pace of the putt.

• longdicker
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jul 6 2014 2:01 PM

You should spend lots of cash on game and all of a sudden you will be the best player around!!!

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sun, Jul 6 2014 5:48 PM

longdicker:

You should spend lots of cash on game and all of a sudden you will be the best player around!!!

LMAO to this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 

RSS