Help › Forums

Driving Range

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 10 2014 11:41 AM (6 replies)
  • RogersBuck
    9 Posts
    Sat, Jul 12 2014 3:27 AM

Hi WGT,

Will you be creating a driving range & practice green in the near future. What a brilliant set up you've created there thoroughly enjoy playing every chance I get. But would love to practice a bit more on a driving range & putting green.

Cheers RogersBuck

Ps Keep up the good work....

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Jul 12 2014 12:47 PM

RogersBuck:

Hi WGT,

Will you be creating a driving range & practice green in the near future.

This has been asked thousands of times since WGT started in 2008.

Which gives the clue that the answer to your question is - No. But, they did add a Mulligan option in practice rounds several months back so you can experiment with the same shot repeatedly.

So practice rounds will have to suffice. 

In fact, a driving range is not needed - evidenced by the thousands of players who routinely shoot sub-par WGT golf.

FWIW - I have hardly ever played Practice rounds, since we do not have any physical swing mechanics we can work on. At least that's what I used a real driving ranger for - working on swing mechanics.

• zquirpjive1
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jul 13 2014 9:23 AM

i agree learn as you play but i also think its about the virtual aspect. you are a sub second life type avitar heading to the links to play you want to warm up...you know, hit the ball cart guy thats scooping up balls in the impact area...WGT rocks...hell i cant lower my 73.95 what do i play to get this lower?? Thanks Golfers

• Platnum99
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 9:10 AM

Still I think a lot more people who aren't shooting sub par golf want it. Idc whether it gets put in but I know a lot of people who do.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 10:50 AM

Why do we need a driving range or practice green when you can practice on any course? It isn't like you need to warm up your avatar...geesh.

Approach shots and putting is what golf is all about...not...how far can I drive the little egg or can I hit the the greens crew mowing the fw's.

If you need to practice driving - jump in your car and hit the highway.

zquirpjive1:
    hell i cant lower my 73.95 what do i play to get this lower?? Thanks Golfers

Not trying to be a phallus, but - Improve your short game by ridding yourselves of those Wal-Mart-like Starter wedges.

ApexPC:
    FWIW - I have hardly ever played Practice rounds, since we do not have any physical swing mechanics we can work on. At least that's what I used a real driving ranger for - working on swing mechanics.

I don't always agree with your approach to answers, but that is exactly what a driving range and practice green are for in the real world.

• Platnum99
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 11:41 AM

But to dial in short game wouldn't a chipping green 50yrds or less would be good for. Because your the game doesn't tell you how are to hit for 14.5 yrds away up hill then a slight down hill. You could practice different ranges on a chipping green without having to actually play a round. Their could just be flags at different ranges up to 50 in increments of 5yrds and I think a lot of people would lower their scores, by practicing chipping, and flopping.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 12:39 PM

It's pretty easy to set up in practice mode and have at it to our hearts content.

RSS