Forums

Help › Forums

Norton

Mon, Jul 21 2014 1:55 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 5:11 PM

Is there a way i can stop the pop up notifying me of a risk that has been solved, it keeps popping up every 6 minutes, ive done a full system scan and there are no threats.

............................................................................................................................................................

Category: Resolved Security Risks

Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action

20/07/2014 00:01:20,High,bizzyboltbaapp.dll (Trojan.ADH.2) detected by Auto-Protect,Blocked,Resolved - No Action Required

.............................................................................................................................................................

Any help appreciated..

stu

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 5:21 PM

Wish I could help with this but I dislike Norton. Hope someone can offer an answer.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 9:59 PM
    Dump Norton. My opinion is that it just hogs space and does a worse job than the free stuff. AVG works great for me.
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 10:41 PM

SPINO1:
    Is there a way i can stop the pop up notifying me of a risk that has been solved

Rid your pc of Norton as quickly as possible. AVG, Avast, and others are free and just as good or better. Removing Norton is no easy uninstall, either. I'd use iobit uninstaller, do the powerful scan, restrt the pc, and check regedit and c/programs/files for any mention of Norton, and delete those, also. I uninstalled Norton in 2008, and still run across Norton in my computer files and registry. Once you think it's all gone, restart again. Then go to cnet or download.com and get a freebie.

• ScottHope
    10,357 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 12:56 AM

Try installing Malwarebytes and doing a scan with that.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 1:22 AM

the reason it keeps popping up and doesn't show up is the exe. file keeps trying to generate it...like he said /\ /\ /\ /\ run malwarebytes(free)

like everyone else said, dump Norton(resource hog) and get one of those free ones...I have a hack  that would make my Norton good until 2045 and I still wouldn't use it....

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 3:10 PM

Thanks for the advise e1, ill let you know how its going or not, im not that savvy but will try malwarebytes

stu

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 3:29 PM

McAfee for me ... simply the best!

Oh .... and you can try downloading ccleaner from cnet and scanning your registry. There might be a trojan registry key in there and some trojan file is trying to access the key. 

.dll is a dynamic link library file ... it's a file designed so that several (or all) applications on your pc can access it , if I remember correctly. 

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 4:37 PM

Thanks guys...Norton removed, Malwarebytes installed, 144 problems deleted !

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 11:12 PM

SPINO1:
    Norton removed, Malwarebytes installed, 144 problems deleted !

Great!! You still need an anti-virus, though. Cnet has several free ones that are superb, and several that have free trials. The avast or avg are as good as any, and free. Malwarebytes is mainly a malware/spyware cleaner, not an anti-virus. If you already knew this, I apologize. Just didn't want you to leave your PC wide open.

• PAGES
RSS