Help › Forums

beat a legend but no average drop in a match

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 3 2014 4:06 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • markinny
    385 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 8:29 PM

was leading a legend by 3 holes on the fifth hole and he forfeited the game. i won but got no cigar. no drop in average. feel kinda ripped off.i am a tour master and very close to the tier jump.  any thoughts.?

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 6:30 PM

markinny:

was leading a legend by 3 holes on the fifth hole and he forfeited the game. i won but got no cigar. no drop in average. feel kinda ripped off.i am a tour master and very close to the tier jump.  any thoughts.?

The Tier jump is at 61 so you have a lot farther to go. Play ranked stroke play rounds, better than your average, if you want to move to Legend faster.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 6:49 PM

markinny:

sure if thats what you really want bro lol

you might need a better driver from the parking lot though 

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 7:42 PM

markinny:

A forfeit is your win, but does not count as an "advancement"....you must play the game to completion for the credit to advance to legend

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 8:10 PM

spdemon:
    you might need a better driver from the parking lot though 

I can testify to that.. lol.. or if not, you better be a grinder.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 8:11 PM

markinny:

I admire you for wanting to get to legend, but looking at your score history and stats, you are not ready to progress.You really need to work on your game before you step up as the extra distance from the tees will maul you.

Getting to legend via match play wins is not the way to go.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Aug 3 2014 2:09 AM

markinny:

Match game only changes your match statistics (vs, hack, amateur, pro, master, tour master, legend and tour Legend) not your average. ONLY ranked STROKE matches do change your average.

Eric

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Aug 3 2014 2:50 AM

LOLserver:
    Match game only changes your match statistics (vs, hack, amateur, pro, master, tour master, legend and tour Legend) not your average.

Excuse me, not true, as explained here by Admin.

As a part of anti-sandbagging measures, match wins against higher tiers would reduce the average by several tenths until reaching Legend.

I made Legend in 2012 with two wins, dropping 0.7 off my average each.

Today, the influence is less regular, seemingly sometimes yes, sometimes no.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Aug 3 2014 3:44 AM

alosso:

Excuse me, not true, as explained here by Admin.

As a part of anti-sandbagging measures, match wins against higher tiers would reduce the average by several tenths until reaching Legend.

Humm, this is new to me, I can not find this anywhere going through the threads you linked, where did you find it?

Eric

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Aug 3 2014 4:00 AM

Where have you been? It has been discussed widely since it was introduced in Summer 2012 - look into the News.

In general, WGTAdmin confirmed it with the standard text in the first reply of the cited thread:

Additionally, in response to WGT player feedback about sandbagging (misrepresenting one's true ability to gain advantage by playing at a lower tier from closer tee boxes), WGT is using more than just ranked stroke play scores to determine each player's average score and appropriate tier ranking.

For obvious reasons, WGT is not sharing exact details of these changes, but they include factoring in scores from players who perform well in tournaments and challenge games for credits.

The underlined detail is from my own experience. In a CC match, I (then TM) played two Legends on KIA back 9. Winning the first match, I dropped close to 61, knowing that I must not take any risk of tiering up before the second one ;)

And apparently it has been modified (challenge games).

• PAGES
RSS