Forums

Help › Forums

Looking for different Android contact app

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 5 2014 12:22 PM (8 replies)
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Aug 5 2014 10:45 AM

I'm relatively new to the whole smartphone/Android world. I just got an LG G2 and am looking for a contact app that allows me to attach a different photo to each phone number within a contact.

For example, I have a contact for my son and his wife that includes their home phone, his cell (mobile 1) and her cell (mobile 2). I would like to be able to have a picture of both of them on the home phone #, his picture on his cell and her picture on hers.

Any suggestions of an app that will do this?

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Aug 5 2014 10:55 AM

I'm not familiar with LG's "skin" that the place on top of android.  But I can't imagine you need any 3rd party software to add an image to a contact. 

This info is for Sprint, but I doubt it differs by carrier:  http://eguides.sprint.com/support/eguides/lgg2/index.html#lg_g2_ug/edit_a_contacts_entry.html

edit: nm I missed the part abut multiple images for one contact, oops :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 5 2014 10:59 AM

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=contact%20picture%20app&c=apps&hl=en 

The Play Store is where you can find just about anything you want.

I was looking at that same phone as I'm eligible to get one free. How do you like it?

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Aug 5 2014 11:20 AM

After only a couple of days I absolutely love the phone. It's capabilities are way beyond where I'm at so I have a huge learning curve to go along with it.

I came here trying to save time. A brief look at the play store didn't show any that address this specific issue. I still have a ton of them to look through.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Aug 5 2014 11:31 AM

I'd be surprised if that ability wasn't already built into the phone.. Those smartphones have so many features that us old timers have a hard time finding them all. Maybe check out the forums on the LG website? 

• dmatt236
    55 Posts
    Tue, Aug 5 2014 11:44 AM

well good luck. i just got the galaxy g5 and cant do much with it. way more phone than im used to. theres alot of videos on youtube about these phones that will walk you thru. hope you get it set up the way you want.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Tue, Aug 5 2014 12:03 PM

srellim234:
    a contact for my son and his wife that includes their home phone, his cell (mobile 1) and her cell (mobile 2). I would like to be able to have a picture of both of them on the home phone #, his picture on his cell and her picture on hers.

I would imagine that if you put them all in as separate contacts instead of multiple numbers under one name you would be able to have a different pic for each.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Aug 5 2014 12:07 PM

Went back and read your post again.. If you want different photo's on the same contact, I'm afraid that probably won't be doable.. You'll have to add separate contacts if you want different photos assigned to each number. Unless I'm badly mistaken..  :)

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Aug 5 2014 12:22 PM

Glass- That's what I was hoping to avoid. Entering info like the same address multiple times as well as blowing up my contacts and favorites lists are definitely things I don't want to do.

Ish- I did find one that allows multiple photos to be assigned to a contact but it just cycles through them. It doesn't allow the user to assign a specific picture to a specific phone number.

RSS