putting actuality

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 10 2010 8:55 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2010 10:08 PM

birdwell:
    longball is saying that it should break less, because the velocity of the ball is greater.

Charleman is saying it breaks even more - because the ball has to travel more distance after it breaks

but really, factor all this in, and seems to me that you need to read both exactly the same

...or something like that!

They're both very real phenomenon, but in a flat putt, they probably exactly offset each other.  In the case of a downhill putt, the trig will overpower the reduction in break due to high velocity, if there is any break-reduction at all (a downhill putt might very well be traveling at the same speed throughout the entire putt, in which case no "high velocity" travel happens at all,) and vice versa for uphill putts (i.e. early velocity is even higher, reducing break even more.)

TBH, I read this thread while reading a book and playing a round of golf, so I have to admit that I should've immediately recognized that his complaint has some merit, but since I was very distracted, it took me a while to come to this conclusion. :(

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2010 11:07 PM

The Beast lives

• PAGES
RSS