Help › Forums

June Kiawah Sweeps

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:34 AM (7 replies)
  • Mannyankees
    14 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 7:38 PM

Hello Guys!!!

I still have not received the award in CTTH kiawah sweep of June, I won or I'm wrong

check this link below...

http://www.wgt.com/golf-tournaments/closest-to-the-hole/june-kiawah-sweeps-leaderboard.aspx?id=1f32e38849e447c587f4a3330147c594

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 2:15 AM

you be wrong, random draw only - nothing for winning

booo7 was the highest placed random draw

sometimes if you look through the 5 visible pages you see 500 next to the name of those that won

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 8:01 AM

oilyrag:
    booo7 was the highest placed random draw

On the tournament results page the winner is shown as a resident of Aland Islands.

According to the tournament rules that is NOT an eligible country!

Booo7 does not show a country flag on his profile page!

How did WGT determine his eligibility to win?

Icon?  Shoe?  Admin2?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 8:14 AM

Not thinking of the tournament result,

andyson:

Booo7 does not show a country flag on his profile page!

this is a program flaw of some months. My Forum request of May 31th was ignored by the mods despite a later bump.

The flag of some players is shown in any list, community, CC, tournament, only not on the profile page.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 5:00 PM

All well and good alosso and perhaps that program flaw is at the root of this anomaly. 

How did someone from Aland Islands, which is not on the tournament eligibility list in the rules, win the June Kiawah Sweeps prize?

Icon?  Shoe?

Comments please.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 1:44 AM

i don't  take much notice of things around here anymore - but looking through the june sweeps 'leaders' it's not a one off

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Aug 12 2014 12:00 PM

andyson:

All well and good alosso and perhaps that program flaw is at the root of this anomaly. 

How did someone from Aland Islands, which is not on the tournament eligibility list in the rules, win the June Kiawah Sweeps prize?

Icon?  Shoe?

Comments please.

I am showing in the back end that country is eligible.  It looks like the rules just need to be updated to add that country.  Thank you for pointing this out.

- WGTdbloshoe

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:34 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    I am showing in the back end that country is eligible.  It looks like the rules just need to be updated to add that country.  Thank you for pointing this out.

Thank you Shoe for following up and replying in the forum!

I think there is a bigger issue than merely a player from one country not on the eligible list receiving the prize.

There are many ineligible (per the published rules) players receiving sweeps prizes!

Looking further at the sweepstakes results using the past tournaments results it was quite easy for me to find three other sweeps winners from countries not on the eligible list.

July St. Andrews Sweeps - Player from ineligible Italy (see 2nd place) won 500cr prize

July Edgewood Tahoe Sweeps - Player from ineligible Singapore won a 500cr prize.

July Royal St. Georges Sweeps - Player from ineligible Brazil won a 500cr prize.

Is it the rules that are wrong and need updating? (rules were written by a lawyer)

Or is it the back end of the tournament program that is wrong? (written by a programmer)

WGT's been holding CTTH Sweeps tournaments for 5 or 6 years!  10 to 20 sweeps per month.  Imagine the number of mis-allocated prizes!

You guys need to completely review and compare, then fix the sweepstakes rules and program.

And you need to turn over whatever info you've found to the legal department Shoe.

RSS