Forums

Help › Forums

Achievement points

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 10 2010 3:15 PM (0 replies)
  • jcs89
    172 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2010 3:15 PM

First of all, I am really big on realism and this game has the most potential of any i have ever played to be the most realistic possible(or at least it did before the recent changes). This idea will never be adopted by WGT but i believe it would increase the realism and give players something to strive for.  I know it has been suggested, at least on one occasion, in the forums.  Please provide feedback, both positive and negative on this simple idea and make suggestion on how to improve it. Here it goes.

I think WGT should implement some sort of attribute point system for each golfer.  (NOTHING OVERBOARD.....keep it subtle.  The last thing i want to see is 400 yd drives.) For instance, award each golfer, say, 10 attribute points when he/she joins the site.  These points can be applied to personal attribute areas to suit the individual needs or desires of the golfer.  Attribute areas could include areas such as accuracy, driving distance, precision, etc... As players advance tiers, award a few more attribute points.  They could also be awarded for level advancement.  These points should in no way be limitless but should allow each individual golfer to customize his or her game.  For example, if Player A were playing with Player B, A may have the ability to hit the ball a little further, while B my possess a little more accuracy, just as in real life.  If Player A wants to use all of his points on distance, that is his choice.

I know these details are crude.....just a basic idea..

One more thing.... I would really like to see WGT include an over swing area....the more over swing used, the faster the meter moves.  This would simulate swinging harder for increased distance at the risk of accuracy. And if you really want to increase the challenge, go to a 3 click method which would eliminate the ease of hitting exact distances on every shot.  Again....just as in real life.  I get kind of tired of every one having the same ability to hit the ball the exact same distance just because they are using the same club...not realistic...

Feedback would be appreciated.

RSS