Help › Forums

What a load of old balls . . .

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 10 2014 1:58 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MikeSaxon
    177 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 4:42 AM

What a load of old balls I've got in my bag - and the way it is at the moment, they'll be there for a lot longer yet.  12 balls in total, all freebies after playing in various tourneys.  The thing is, it's doubtful I would buy them in future (the 'love heart' ball? really?) but I would like to use them in CC tourneys or practice rounds - the problem being of course is that if you lose it or it runs out of life, the default setting is to go with a starter ball.

Wouldn't a good solution be that we could lump these balls together and go through them one-by-one instead of having to put up with the dreaded starter ball?  It seems sensible to me because then the balls will get used - and the various sponsors get to see their product name on the virtual courses.

Any thoughts or observations?

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 9:55 AM

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 11:45 AM

MikeSaxon:

(the 'love heart' ball? really?) 

A heart vapor ball gifted by WGT got me a 26 yard Eagle from the rough one time...one beautiful time. 

replay using cleveland wedge

I agreed w/ the idea that it would be a kosher to permit their usage in a practice round, but, you know..

The album 'Stop Making Sense' comes to mind.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 6:01 AM

JFidanza:
    The album 'Stop Making Sense' comes to mind.

Deserves a vid...

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 7:26 AM

Bernie Worrell on keys from the P-Funk, I saw him live w/ George Clinton.

They tore the roof of the sucker, then Bernie burned it down.

Strobe light at 2:23

Tom Tom Club = members of the Talking Heads

I like to save some of the old balls for the brief CTTH or blitz, but I have to switch in between games.  

• Sandmancan11
    36 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 12:54 PM

Heres a option i use my collection whan i play in ctth used them all up LoL !

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 9:10 PM

I'm guessing it would be a programming nightmare for WGT to let us equip our bag with more than 1 make/model of ball.

Actually WGT is programmed for up to 2 balls. The one make/model we equip, and their free starter ball if we run out of the ball we equipped our bag with.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 11:07 AM

I don't bother, I just set up a game at Congressional back 9 and dump them in the water.. or just aim out of bounds and see them fly.. It's an orgasm when it's you who does it and not the game...lol

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 9:13 AM

I use mine in the free pass/first game of the day just to get the points. Down to my last couple now - and getting quite adept at using the starter balls again.

• JamesSnow1
    137 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 12:28 PM

SOYEL1:

I don't bother, I just set up a game at Congressional back 9 and dump them in the water.. or just aim out of bounds and see them fly.. It's an orgasm when it's you who does it and not the game...lol

Fun Idea!

Tons of those hearts, snowflakes, bubbles, logos, and other assorted crappies.  Will WGT dump them if I ask?  It's just too much "clutter".

There absolutely is a need to be able to change ball selection in a game in order to get rid of these silly ad balls, though.... can I give them as "gag gifts"?  Can we refuse the free balls and donate them to a local cat shelter?

Other ideas of disposal here?

• PAGES
RSS