Forums

Help › Forums

That advert

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 21 2014 3:51 AM (0 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 3:51 AM

I know the thread from the 19th Aug was thought to have run it's course and was stopped.

The main reason I'm bringing it up again is it included:  "Please do not click on this ad. Any players using this program will of course be found and actions will be taken on their accounts."  From WGTypoon.

I'm putting it here, rather than reporting it again, as you know about it already and are presumably trying to fix it.

I am still getting this advert so people who haven't been on for a couple of days are presumably also getting it and are unknowingly (unless they trawl through dead threads or another player tells them) subject to the above for clicking on something wgt put on the screen.

Yes, the vast majority would know they were cheating but it is not inconceivable that some would think that as it is on your opening screen it must be ok. 

Maybe if removing it isn't imminent, something in the news like "Sorry, this is a mistake but just don't go there or you're for it."  You could maybe even give the bloodthirsty something;  "Steve's fault and he's been made to constantly play the 5th at Merion from the back tee, with starter clubs/balls, until he gets ten birdie's."

RSS