Forums

Help › Forums

Double incidences of Hole In Ones

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 27 2014 2:44 PM (1 replies)
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 1:20 PM

There are a lot of inscriptions on golf courses and in clubhouses, a famous footprint, the club champions, the Holes In One...

Last week, I completed a double vision of double HIOs (vision, not execution of my own) which I'd like to share.

The first was last year at Kirriemuir Golf Course in Angus, Scotland. On the eighth tee (Par 3, uphill, 154 yds (white)) there is a plate stating

"On 08/08/08, at the 8th hole, playing together, Ross M... and Mark M... both holed their tee shots."

Nice double incidence, isn't it? (pic available)

Next, last Friday, I read a note at Golfclub Passeier.Meran at Merano, South Tyrol, Italy, stating that one guy has played two HIOs there in one round (take my word, no evidence).

To me. both events have an astounding merit of their own, but together they form something outstanding, truly out of this world but real!

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 2:44 PM

alosso:
    "On 08/08/08, at the 8th hole, playing together, Ross M... and Mark M... both holed their tee shots."

The odds have to be in the millions-to-one category.  Amazing!  (Was it a 188 yard par 3)?

About a decade ago, me and a friend played Bears Best here in Las Vegas when they used fore caddies.  Paired with us was a near-blind gentleman of at least 70 years old.  On every shot, the caddie had to give him a club, put the club behind the ball, then line him up for the shot.

On the first par 3, the caddie went thru the routine, the old man swung, and aced the hole.  And he couldn't see it to enjoy it.  I played for over 45 years before a bad back said no more and I never had a ace...don't even remember anything even close.  But I'll remember that day.  

RSS