Forums

Help › Forums

Simple Qustion...Simple Answer

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 29 2014 10:52 AM (5 replies)
  • spy88
    205 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 4:08 PM

At the bottom of the forums page, there is a link for "word association".  When I click it, I get a WGT page saying...

Not Found: Resource Not Found

"The resource you requested does not exist."

Is it just my computer or is the link messed up?  A forum search for "word association" or variations returned nothing specific for the thread and/or posts.  Just interested...

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 4:20 PM

spy88:
    Is it just my computer or is the link messed up?

Spy-

No it's not your computer. I have often wondered this same thing. To me it seems odd that the thread with the most replies doesn't even exist any more. I really wish they could delete "word association" and have the actual post with the most replies, that is still accessible to read, replace it.

I would love to hear any stories from anyone that remembers what that thread was about and if they know why it's no longer available to read.

MC

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 4:31 PM

It was a fun  thread that just kept going, one word at a time. For example,

Post 1: "Dog"

Post 2: "Wood"         (dogwood)

Post 3: "Chuck"       (woodchuck)

Post 4: "Barry"         (Chuck Barry)

eventually it pretty well ran its course.

• rollone
    777 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 6:37 PM

Course

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 10:21 AM

I believe I've found it here in "And Everything Else".  It's OP was "Who will have the last word".

WGT link and wording are both misleading.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 10:52 AM

spy88:

I believe I've found it here in "And Everything Else".  It's OP was "Who will have the last word".

WGT link and wording are both misleading.

Actually two totally different things. The word association one was based upon the word you posted actually matching up somehow to the prior word.

The last word one pretty much goes on at random with no reference to the previous post necessary.

RSS