Forums

Help › Forums

***WGT Alert***

Mon, Nov 10 2014 6:11 AM (8 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 3:42 PM

I got an email from one of my credit card holders at 3:10 today about a suspicious charge attempt on my card at 3:05 that originated in Canada, they tried to reload a Starbucks card with $91...I called them and while I was on the phone 2 more charges were attempted at online parts stores, all between 3:00-3:30 today...

The reason I'm posting this is I have several credit cards with much higher limits, none of them have seen anything suspicious(I called all of them)...the card they tried to use is a card I applied for to get 20% off of a purchase 10 years ago and has a whopping $250 limit...the low limit is why I use it online.

I'm not trying to start a panic here but members might want to look at their card purchases, I never use it anywhere for anything other than it is on file here at WGT and I haven't used it here in ages...somehow that card # has been stolen so WGT might want to check with your security people and see if you have been hacked...I seriously never use it anywhere but here, no credit has been applied for in my name, no attempted bank withdrawals, no other cards used...so far it is the only card targeted.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 5:02 PM

got the same thing,  that card has been blocked no long works.new ones on the way

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 5:25 PM

navigater:

got the same thing,

Was it today at the same time? same type of charge? was it the card on file here?

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 6:40 PM

Thanks for posting this. Hasn't happened to me, but I am removing my card number NOW.

Edit*

Just tried to remove my card/number/info and can't.

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 7:35 PM

set up a paypal account. Their security is a lot better than this dog & pony show.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 3:04 PM

yes

fatdan:

navigater:

got the same thing,

Was it today at the same time? same type of charge? was it the card on file here?

yes it was but not the card on file here

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 1:46 AM

Two months and no official answer.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 6:11 AM

about the time of the original post Chase Bank was hacked. How many of the cards were Chase?

RSS