Forums

Help › Forums

44 years today.

Thu, Sep 11 2014 9:42 AM (31 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:12 PM

Since I married my high school sweat heart. Been a long road, not always wine and roses. We have somehow made it and still enjoy each other. I lost my job almost 2 years and it became real hard to make her happy. I came home tonight, cooked her a steak and lobster dinner, gave her a dozen pink roses. After dinner I handed her a key to a 4 bedroom house that I have been dealing on for almost 3 years. We have been living in a 2 bdrm apartment for over 5 years now. I will be moving into this house on the 15th of this month. It is 5 times bigger than the apt and has 2 1/2 acres for Coco to run around in. It is 400.00 a month cheaper than the apt. I guess I am not the A$$hole that people think I am. This was a tough row to get through but I did it. Now I can relax and enjoy my 3 car garage, plenty of room for my Yuengling. My SS will make the payment and leave 500.00 a month for utilities. The money I make doing Epoxy floors will allow us to finally relax in our old age. For as long as I have left any how. I should have put this in my Lets Be Honest post but no one looks at that any more.

Renni

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:34 PM

renniw52:
    I guess I am not the A$hole that people think I am.

Yes you are.......LMFAO, sorry I couldn't resist, you set yourself up for that one.

Renni-

Good for you brother, what a great story. You have to tell us your wife's reaction when you gave her the key. That must have been very emotional.

Three car garage........I'm thinking "Man Cave" at Renni's new house?

Congrats!

MC

ps- I still check out the "Let's Be Honest" thread, on the lighter side.......I turned 51 today.

• dmatt236
    55 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:35 PM

Congratulations on your success Sir. I was 2 when you and your wonderful bride wed. In my short time dealing with life and a wife I've failed miserably twice. You sure must have a trade secret to keeping the peace. Way to go and keep up the good work.

ps.  You might get dessert tonight.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:52 PM

The bride is all ready packing and planning the move, I guess I didn't give her much notice, but I just found out today that I got the house. The kitchen is huge which makes me happy because I cook all the time. MC she was ecstatic, I have never done anything without her being involved. I knew she would love this house, she has a 28 by 30 bonus room for her sewing and crafts. And yes the garage will be Squirrel Nutz man cave, that was established 5 minutes after giving her the key. That is my space and I will decorate to my specs. My son and I are grinding the garage floor next Saturday and we are applying a black epoxy floor with a multy color quartz and 2 coats of clear epoxy over that. Will look like a granite floor. Thank goodness I have the equipment, skill and material to do it. The garage is 685 sq ft and that floor would be 7.00 per square foot. 

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 7:08 PM

Great news Rich !!!   Looks like your on the up and up !  Fantastic !!  Really happy for you and yours .

BTW--- I too have my own man cave----wouldn't be without one  lol .

I also keep checking out "Lets be Honest"

As a guess is  Renniw  spelled backwards Winner and did you do that on purpose ? Just wondering .

Once again great news!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 8:01 PM

yeah Gary that is Winner backwards, my real name is Rich Winner, cruel joke my parents played 62 years ago, lmfao. Was supposed to be Bob. My Grand father wanted me named after his brother. 

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 3:53 AM

renniw52:

Since I married my high school sweat heart. Been a long road, not always wine and roses. We have somehow made it and still enjoy each other. I lost my job almost 2 years and it became real hard to make her happy. I came home tonight, cooked her a steak and lobster dinner, gave her a dozen pink roses. After dinner I handed her a key to a 4 bedroom house that I have been dealing on for almost 3 years. We have been living in a 2 bdrm apartment for over 5 years now. I will be moving into this house on the 15th of this month. It is 5 times bigger than the apt and has 2 1/2 acres for Coco to run around in. It is 400.00 a month cheaper than the apt. I guess I am not the A$hole that people think I am. This was a tough row to get through but I did it. Now I can relax and enjoy my 3 car garage, plenty of room for my Yuengling. My SS will make the payment and leave 500.00 a month for utilities. The money I make doing Epoxy floors will allow us to finally relax in our old age. For as long as I have left any how. I should have put this in my Lets Be Honest post but no one looks at that any more.

Renni

Hola pola Mr Man

Firstly, you are NOT an a$$hole. You are the sweetest person I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

Secondly, the fact that you have been married for 44 years says a lot abut your character and the love that you and your beloved have for each other.

Thirdly, the house sounds fabby! Please send photos!

Fourthly, you did this. You. Did. This. With all your hard work and all your love for your family and I'm just in awe of you!

And Fifthly (is that a word?): You Rock!

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 4:17 AM

you only get out what you put in...

nothing lands on your lap as ive been telling my teenage kids.

congratulations to you Renni, enjoy m8.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 5:17 AM

But Yuengling, really? A good craft beer would seem more of a treat now that you have reached this point in the road. Another buck a bottle could get you something better. Congrats on a life well-lived!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 5:45 AM

Happy Anniversary to you and the missus Rich!  She is a beautiful bride and you, well, you were young!  ;o)

RSS