Forums

Help › Forums

Still confused on TIER

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 7 2014 9:40 AM (4 replies)
  • Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 8:03 PM

still confused about tiers Explain how a player who joined in Jan.14 and has only played 82 ranked rds.. and became a Master on July 27 and Tour Master 91 on sept 4. Ive been a member for over 5yrs have 475 ranked rds, and over 1500 total rds and have been a Master forever with a 63.28 ave score , yet cannot move up to Tour Master to save my life.????????What and how do you move up in tiers????? especially with player doing it in less than 9mo. also how many games do u have to play to get up to a 91

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 8:17 PM

Fubar057:

still confused about tiers Explain how a player who joined in Jan.14 and has only played 82 ranked rds.. and became a Master on July 27 and Tour Master 91 on sept 4. Ive been a member for over 5yrs have 475 ranked rds, and over 1500 total rds and have been a Master forever with a 63.28 ave score , yet cannot move up to Tour Master to save my life.????????What and how do you move up in tiers????? especially with player doing it in less than 9mo. also how many games do u have to play to get up to a 91

This thread you replied to has the answer you have to get down to 63 avg.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/111303/1837700.aspx#1837700

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 10:14 PM

+1!

A bit more in detail:

Fubar057:
    Ive been a member for over 5yrs have 475 ranked rds, and over 1500 total rds and have been a Master forever with a 63.28 ave score , yet cannot move up to Tour Master to save my life.????????What and how do you move up in tiers?????

You haven't played much lately, 3 - 4 rounds per month. Your skills may have become a tad rusty, as I see only three scores of 32 and 33 in four months. These might be relevant to lower your average and to arrive at the coveted promotion.

I'm sure that you will shoot a few more of these in the medium term which will grant your promotion.

You might also help yourself by enhancing your equipment if you're willing to invest some credits:

- Choose any custom ball, B-ES for a budget start, Tour-SD or Srixon or lvl 33 Callaway (with rising steady costs) for better performance,

- Get yourself at least one top wedge of 100 yds instead of the low level Cleveland. The lvl 76 Cleves are real beauties! You might also dispose of the Ping wedge, while the Z Satin is worth to keep it..

Have fun, whatever you choose!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 8:38 AM

For players that have been here longer than January 2013 for a starting point (I'm supposing), the link to the old calculation applies (more or less) ... for players newer than that, there is a new accelerated calculation being applied. I'm thinking that WGT instituted this new calculation to combat multi-accounters and other questionable shooters. 

Case in point, there was a player that was recently promoted to Legend Tier with only 38 total ranked rounds and no match play wins against higher tiers that I recall. That account has been disabled now. 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 9:40 AM

I'm not confused. Unless I play about 110 more ranked rounds, then start shooting under 30 every nine holes I will never make it to TL. Making Legend was on my bucket list, did that the old fashion totally honest way. I have no further goals set on WGT other than having fun with my buddies and buddettes. How's that for a word (Buddettes)?

RSS