Forums

Help › Forums

PLAY THE GAME

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 23 2014 10:00 PM (8 replies)
  • bradozz
    4 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 12:11 PM

This game site is for fun, I fully agree. If a player agrees to join a game, then play! So often they time-out, life happens- I get that, but again and again on 9holes?!  Also, if you know your connection is "ify" then stick to single play. I play good, I also play bad- like wow bad.  Ive only quit a game for the lack of play. Why do player's use paid for ball's on regular games? I don't get it, you can eagle,birdie,par with a starter. For FREE...

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 1:51 PM

I agree that the game site is for fun but also there is a competitive feel to it as well. This can drive players to want to be the best which is a great thing. Additionally the premium balls that you buy have better stats than the free ones. This can give a player a slight edge when going for distance, more spin, and well overall aesthetics. That isn't to say that you couldn't just use the free balls forever. All a matter of preference. 

-WGTyphoon 

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 3:47 PM

bradozz:

This game site is for fun, I fully agree. If a player agrees to join a game, then play! So often they time-out, life happens- I get that, but again and again on 9holes?!  Also, if you know your connection is "ify" then stick to single play. I play good, I also play bad- like wow bad.  Ive only quit a game for the lack of play. Why do player's use paid for ball's on regular games? I don't get it, you can eagle,birdie,par with a starter. For FREE...

Well if you play so great with the free starter ball , then why do you buy the 34+ Cally balls ? I mean being such a great player and all why spend what 300 credits on a sleeve of balls ? Hint , your activity says more about you than you think .

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 4:19 PM

bradozz:
    I don't get it,

So why have you bought some in the past - surely you noticed that they had better attributes than the starters. Looking at your stats - zero eagles in 212 ranked rounds proves that you do not get many eagles.

Players will not start a game for many reasons, high level low tiered players are often sandbaggers is one reason, real or perceived (not that you come into this category as your clubs are low level).

But I agree if you start you should finish - there are some bad losers and some bugs that throw spanners into the game so my advise is build your friends list to reliable players and join a good CC and 99% of your issues will dissipate in regards to quiters.

• 4Fluff2headO
    327 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 6:27 PM

excellent point alant.  i had a huge list of quitters i would boot anytime they tried to get into one of the games i created.  now i have a list so i can remember all the names of the people in my CC that i want to play w/.  i no longer go outside of that group to play because i know no one in my club will quit on me w/o a very good reason, none of which are because of poor play.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 7:27 PM

alanti:
    here are some bad losers and some bugs that throw spanners into the game so my advise is build your friends list to reliable players and join a good CC and 99% of your issues will dissipate

yes, this.

alanti:
    quiters.

"Quitters"

:)

• bradozz
    4 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 2:02 PM

I do use my callaway in tourneys, not in a "join a game". Just don't see the point using hit's that don't count is what I was saying. Have eagled twice, no credit for them since the other player quit. No worries mate, didn't complain about that. Just sayin, next time you sit through a green light because the person in front of you is texting, don't honk... Think you missed the point, or the green- so I've heard... 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 9:20 PM
    High level low tier players scare people. If you bought 3 wedges and dumped the hybrid you'd tier up in no time.
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 10:00 PM

SHRUDE:
    "Quitters"

Eek, fined 1000 credits and I did not pass GO.

I cannot weasel out of that one. Perhaps I was meaning to say, the OP will be quieter if he joins.........nah, got busted fair and square!

RSS