Forums

Help › Forums

Legend Tier - Dont Do It!!!!!

Tue, Oct 18 2011 1:28 PM (25 replies)
  • Deccy180
    233 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 2:16 AM

My bag is currently eqiupped with the following and i feel really annoyed as the clubs i have been using arent good enough anymore due to the extra yardage off legend tees.

Rapture V2 Pro Driver - slow meter & 255 yards

Rapture V2 Pro 3 Wood - slow meter & 230 yards

Rapture V2 Pro 2 Hybrid - slow meter & 215 yards

Rapture V2 Pro Irons - slow meter & 200-110yards

Z Satin TP Pro Wedges 58 & 64 -   quick bar, 86&50yards

Begineer Putter - nice and slow :-)

WGT Tour S Balls - 2 spin, 1 distance, 1.5 durability, 0 feel

so it means i have to buy new clubs & new balls costing me around 3000-4000 Credits and what do WGT give you for going to Legend Tier 200 credits what a joke just about enough to buy 3 Legend balls and just to make things worse the clubs that i need are locked cause im only level 57

as well as i could use these clubs to get to Legend status been playing off these further legend tees and firing 3 Woods 2 Hybirds in to greens aint right its a just joke

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 2:59 AM

Deccy, first of all congratulations on making Legend status, although it certainly is a poisoned chalice without the correct equipment. You are certainly at a severe disadvantage with the clubs you have for the moment.

The whole concept of levels is nothing more than a means to get players playing more and more rounds, spending more on overpriced balls in order to then be allowed to spend further money on equipment. It's a total con but what other choice do you have?

Gaining Legend status should automatically allow you to purchase the best equipment, irrespective of level. The idea that someone should play and play, whilst not gaining much enjoyment from the game is a nonsense.

It could be worse, your football team could be out of business ;^)

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 6:03 AM

Lighten up man, buy a new driver and I assure you that you can survive.  There are a few of the best in the game that still play with craptures.  The regular r9 275 club will be enough to get you rolling, BUT as soon as you do gain the exp I'd switch to g10's or g15's.  Train yourself to work with the faster/ less forgiving meters.  Believe me, it'll pay off in the end but there IS definitely a learning curve to making the jump. 

Only the wimps purposely avoid moving up in rank.  Who tries to stay in second place all their life anyway?

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 6:23 AM

Werksux - I agree with the OP, in that making Legend does not seem to have any advantages to the casual golfer who plays this game for fun. I think the point is that his clubs have precluded him from competing with other Legends, so the only way for him to compete is to buy new clubs, NOT that he is not talented enough to make Legend.

Hats off, in fact, for him making Legend with the equipment he has.

And re your comment about wimps etc - is your user name a reflection of your attitude in the office :)

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 6:27 AM

It's really not that bad, Deccy. I've only been a legend for 2 weeks or so and have matched my best 9 hole score  and bettered my best 18 score . There is a learning curve, but it's not that bad. Yes there are some holes that flat out aren't fair, but I kinda like getting to the tee box and knowing that birdie is out of the question, makes you learn course management really quick to make a par, and helps your short game tremendously :)

You'll be fine once you get some new clubs. I use the 275 r9 driver and love it, along with the G10 irons. I played Raptures for a while and liked them, but having a higher trajectory iron like the G10/G15/i15 is definitely what I would suggest. The meter speed is faster, yes, but the precision is wayyyyy better, won't be scratching your head  after you ding a shot that goes 10yds offline

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 12:08 PM

blackbeard:

Werksux - I agree with the OP, in that making Legend does not seem to have any advantages to the casual golfer who plays this game for fun. I think the point is that his clubs have precluded him from competing with other Legends, so the only way for him to compete is to buy new clubs, NOT that he is not talented enough to make Legend.

Hats off, in fact, for him making Legend with the equipment he has.

And re your comment about wimps etc - is your user name a reflection of your attitude in the office :)

Hey guess what if work was fun it wouldn't be called work.  I do just fine in the office though and the name is tongue in cheek so don't try to read too much into it.  And I think sending out a message to sandbaggers trying NOT to advance in the game that they should continue to try not to advance in the game is assinine.  It's not impossible & you only get better pushing yourself.  I always laugh when the notorious baggers (you know the ones that keep their avg hanging .5 above the next tier promotion level) refuse to play someone with a better average than them & it's why sandbagging is the only way they ever win.  They're pu***es, end of story.  If you're afraid to challenge yourself and follow the natural order of things you'll only ever end being in the upper echelon of mdiocre at best.  What a joke, who wants to stop there?

• Deccy180
    233 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 4:26 AM

Im all for banning sand baggers but i jsut pissed that i recently brought my raptures and now i have to p out for new clubs jsut because i got better at the game

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 5:03 AM

WGT:

I know your motto is you can play for free..nice idea, but.

I think alot of us would much rather just pay an up front fee for courses development.

Support WGT

Tin + 50$ per year..good starter clubs, like the raptures.  balls 140 sleeve 20$ fees for each course over the 4 we already have.

Bronze 75$ per year  better clubs yet  balls 130 per sleeve...15 per course

gold 100$ per year   etc cheaper tourney fees balls 100  10.00 per course

Silver 150$ per year  etc..balls 50...5.00 for each course

Platinum 200$   etc  free balls, free tourney entries.. free courses

In return we get 4 developed full 18 hole playable courses with 3 pin pos.

And a better game with stance loft lie adjustments

Ability to play draw and fade..

The ability to play any style of game we want..skins...president cup stuff   etc

It late im babbeling..atleast this would all be up front

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2010 9:44 PM

I just moved to the legend tier, and I"m trying to understand the benefits.  It looks like I was fortunate enough to buy the best clubs before 'the change', so I don't see where I can get any clubs that make the ball go farther. The R9 driver I've had for months goes 275, and the 3-wood goes 235.   I bought the 'legend' balls, but that doesn't seem to matter either.  Right now I have the privledge of playing from a further tee box, so instead of hitting 9 irons and wedges into the greens, I'm hitting woods and long irons... and I haven't even attempted BethPage yet.  I was averaging around 61 in the 'tour master' level, playing mostly RGs, but anything under par at the legend level is a bonus.  Feels like I'm starting over... again...

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2010 6:03 AM

Deccy180:

Im all for banning sand baggers.

What people like Sophie?

RSS