Forums

Help › Forums

How do I fit WGT into my new pc moniter?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 10 2014 4:53 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • silkyuk9
    429 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 1:57 AM

This is how I see WGT on my brand new widescreen tv, how can i get the WGT game to fit the whole screen? My pc is ok on web pages etc but not here.

So you can see I have to black spaces at each end thats wasting my tv screen

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 2:48 AM

Be careful what you wish for.

Since the height to width ratio of this window is constant, you'd lose at top and/or bottom if you tried to fill the wide wide width.

Consider it a video, in contrast to regular homepages which may be flexible in contents arrangement.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 4:52 AM

Check the TV's ratio setting. 16:9 or 4:3 should be the choices. Try the other one from what it's set to now.

The full screen function I use with CD is the F11 key, those tool bars go away. If hitting it doesn't do anything, minimize the window, bring it back up and hit that key right away.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 5:58 AM

silkyuk9:

This is how I see WGT on my brand new widescreen tv, how can i get the WGT game to fit the whole screen? My pc is ok on web pages etc but not here.

So you can see I have to black spaces at each end thats wasting my tv screen

Let me guess what you are trying to do... to fill up the size of your wide screen and not see the black areas on each side.

As mentioned before, the original game ratio is the one you should keep or you will have a nice & wide screen to play the game, but the game will not run smooth and it will be very difficult to hit the ding (meter is much faster).

Please, use the screen full size button & not the lobby full screen button.

Eric

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 10:04 AM

YankeeJim:

Check the TV's ratio setting. 16:9 or 4:3 should be the choices. 

Even if you choose 4:3 you will have the black bars on each side..

The game client has a 4:3 aspect ratio (1600 x 1200 pixels is 4:3).

In other words the long side is 1.33x longer than the short side (4 / 3 = 1.33)

The 16:9 aspect ratio has the long side 1.77x longer than the short side. 

• silkyuk9
    429 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 10:33 AM

Thanks for the info proberly going to leave right alone while my game play is running smooth.

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 11:19 AM

Hi Silky - have same issue but have gotten used to it - now find that the black "bars" either side actually focuses my concentration on the "active" window.

Wouldn't change anything if I were you.

Kelly

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 11:27 AM

silkyuk9:

This is how I see WGT on my brand new widescreen tv, how can i get the WGT game to fit the whole screen?

You don't silk...that's the reason I don't use my faster pc's with Win7...the pc's with XP fill the whole window on the game page...

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 12:12 PM

fatdan:

silkyuk9:

This is how I see WGT on my brand new widescreen tv, how can i get the WGT game to fit the whole screen?

You don't silk...that's the reason I don't use my faster pc's with Win7...the pc's with XP fill the whole window on the game page...

I have a new  top Dell pc and i use windows 7.

23 inch widescreen

Read Erics instructions.

That is exactly what I do.

WGT fits perfectly for me.

Hugs

xxOXO

Allie

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 12:49 PM

Really, I have newer Dell and HP w/win7 and a 23" monitor too and have changed every setting on it and still can't rid of black borders...I can make it TOO big for the screen but not fit. lol

• PAGES
RSS