Help › Forums

Accusations of cheating

Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:52 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Allen63
    364 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 7:05 AM

Hi all,

I've been playing this game for 3 weeks at this point and am thoroughly addicted. As a result, I've bought ~$50 in credits and play at least 5-6 rounds each day. By doing this, I get a large experience point bonus and I make sure I finish each round (unlikie seemingly 80% of the rest of the people I hook up with).

I'm level 52 now and have been repeatedly accused of cheating because of it. I've never played this game before, but I've played almost every other golf game. I also have more than half a brain and spent some cash on credits to get better gear.

This morning, I had one individual from Australia rant on forever about how I HAVE to be a cheater. He was nasty and made a number of remarks I won't repeat here. On my very next round, I had another individual get on the first green and proceed to putt 3 footers all around the cup and said he was only "wasting my time like I was doing to him".

Is there anything that can be done to prove someone is NOT cheating or gaming the game? Because honestly, those kinds of accusations and bs are ridiculous.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 1:42 PM

Report any abuse to WGT.  Other than that, make a note and don't play with those people again. 

What many don't understand about this site is its only FREE to play the hard version.  To play an easier game we need to spend some money (Credits) and if we want to compete, we need to put in the stick time.

Joey

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 1:47 PM

Very well stated Joey.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 2:07 PM

There is no way to prove you are NOT a cheater, same as no way to prove you ARE a cheater.  If you are not a cheater just woop up on those people or dont play with them.  Report them, through the report link in the game window and send an email with their profile to wgt.  Then make a note of who they are and avoid playing them.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 2:12 PM

It is sort of like being asked Do you still beat your wife?  You can't defend yourself so don't even try.  Report the abuse and avoid them.  It would be nice for WGT to have an ignore list much like many other sites do so you wouldn't have to remember these people and could just avoid them.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 2:23 PM
    Allen I have taken a look at your stats and there is nothing suspicous - you must be good as you have acheived a decent score in a short time (it can be done). People who accuse others without a good reason are scum and deserve to be removed from this game. I can bet the 27cr left in my account that they are quitters, sore losers or just a**holes.
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 2:53 PM

Hi Allen,    Unfortuantly no. Like the others have stated in the above posts I would just report them directly to WGT. These are ignorant people that have the intelligence of a empty box. They also probably are jealous of somebody that is better them. So just keep your head up and play lots of people and befriend the ones that aren't ignorant and play with those peeps. Lots of luck to ya!!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 4:20 PM

I'd just tell them ^, v, ^, v, <, >, <, >, A, B, A, B, Shift, Enter is the double experience cheat code.

If they're going to accuse you of cheating, why not have fun with them?

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:01 PM

CharlemagneRH:

I'd just tell them ^, v, ^, v, <, >, <, >, A, B, A, B, Shift, Enter is the double experience cheat code.

hmmmm, i thought it was ctrl+alt+delete........ damn you CRH, lol

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:05 PM

VanHalenLover:

CharlemagneRH:

hmmmm, i thought it was ctrl+alt+delete........ damn you CRH, lol

What... you mean it's not Alt+F4????  *&$(#@! I've been doing it wrong!!

• PAGES
RSS