Forums

Help › Forums

Golfer Tiers

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 31 2010 4:20 AM (5 replies)
  • ugueth82
    4 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 12:45 PM

Do you need to play with the WGT-brand clubs in order to increase your tier level?  Or can you use any clubs in the game?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 1:36 PM

ugueth82:

Do you need to play with the WGT-brand clubs in order to increase your tier level?  Or can you use any clubs in the game?

Any clubs will work. No special experience bonuses are awarded for using specific clubs or balls.

• ugueth82
    4 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 2:13 PM

Thank you for your response.  I seem to be stuck on Tour Pro for quite awhile now. 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 9:16 PM

68 should move you up, but make sure you have the clubs for the move.

• DaveHeathcote
    90 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 12:22 AM

Second that from piztaker.  Previously going up tier would have unlocked longer 'master' clubs needed for new tee locations.  These clubs now unlock from around Level 58 so if you ain't there yet I wouldn't rush to make master, or you'll be in my position of not having distance to reach fairways and/or greens from blue tees.  Try a practice round from these tees with your current clubs to see what I mean, especially at Bethpage but also STA #7 (need tail wind to reach fairway with 245yd driver) and a few at Kiawah.

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 4:20 AM

Try playing the open tees with Anything less than the old master G10's it was next to impossible. That's why not many if any pros were able to qualify for the virtual open 

RSS