Help › Forums

I few questions from a newbie -

Wed, Nov 26 2014 8:01 PM (37 replies)
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 2:33 PM

borntobesting:

JLeppee:
    2) I have seen some folks here have "earned" like $7,398,766 so far, I imagine it isn't real money, so what do you do with it?

I don't know where you came up with that figure because the highest total won without MPC's which aren't counted is only   $55,625.35 and Bolloxinbruges who won a U.S. Open only has $45,131.45 That is a far cry from the $ 7 million that you stated.

How could any player - say Bollox - win any amount in $$ when only credits are at stake? A win of - say - 10,000 cr isn't worth a single $ - it has no monetary value (read the T&Cs!)

Paying 10 $ gives no real-world value in return - it rather sells 1000 cr of (revokable) license to put into the game.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Nov 11 2014 9:13 AM

You find me perplexed, Icon!

WGTicon:
    JLeppee:

3) In my profile it says I have earned .50 so far.. how did I do that?

3) you get credit bonuses for tiering up, so the value goes to your earnings

+1

Credit bonuses add to the earnings.

WGTicon:
    JLeppee:

2) I have seen some folks here have "earned" like $7,398,766 so far, I imagine it isn't real money, so what do you do with it?

2. some value comes from winning rg's or weekly or monthly, other comes from say winning us open, which would add $4,000,000 to the balance.

-wgticon

... and here you state that big amounts of $$ are added to the same balance, the earnings. How is that possible, since the tournament purses are described in credits? But wait, the leaderboards show the prizes as $$ - are these winners entitled to draw 252 $ (in TL tier) from WGT? How does a purse of 400,000 cr translate to an individual prize in $$?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Nov 12 2014 9:27 AM

WGTicon:

other comes from say winning us open, which would add $4,000,000 to the balance.

-wgticon

So you now admit WGT picked up Bollox' bar tab at Congressional?  Truth be told!

sayin'...

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Wed, Nov 12 2014 10:09 AM

Isn't $4,000,000.00 what it costs to talk to Chad?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:04 AM

Bump.

alosso:

WGTicon:
    JLeppee:

2. some value comes from winning rg's or weekly or monthly, other comes from say winning us open, which would add $4,000,000 to the balance.

-wgticon

... and here you state that big amounts of $ are added to the same balance, the earnings. How is that possible, since the tournament purses are described in credits? But wait, the leaderboards show the prizes as $ - are these winners entitled to draw 252 $ (in TL tier) from WGT? How does a purse of 400,000 cr translate to an individual prize in $?

Do you need some legal advice before answering?

Or would the answers be negative to WGT and thus won't be given at all?

Mind you, it was you as a mod with an official background who made these statements of $$ winnings - it must be clarified!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2014 2:04 PM

obviouslty $4,000,000 meant to be $4,000.000 - it was just an example. since I didn't even look up the value of each prize...

-wgticon

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2014 2:07 PM

alosso:

WGTicon:
    JLeppee:

3) In my profile it says I have earned .50 so far.. how did I do that?

3) you get credit bonuses for tiering up, so the value goes to your earnings

+1

Credit bonuses add to the earnings.

WGTicon:
    JLeppee:

-wgticon

... and here you state that big amounts of $ are added to the same balance, the earnings. How is that possible, since the tournament purses are described in credits? But wait, the leaderboards show the prizes as $ - are these winners entitled to draw 252 $ (in TL tier) from WGT? How does a purse of 400,000 cr translate to an individual prize in $?

leaderboards and prize winnings, such as trip to us open are in $

so when you see someone won $2.1k in this month, this is their winnings, if someone won a trip to a course, the value, say, $3500 is what's added, since it's a retail value

BUT, if you count the # of entrees that player did this month to get to $2.1k + cost of balls, etc, their net winnings nowhere near that. but that's to be expected since those guys may do 300-400+ ready go's a month

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2014 3:19 PM

Thanks for your reply, though I'm sad to see that you answered none of my direct questions:

alosso:
    [...] you state that big amounts of $ are added to the same balance, the earnings. How is that possible, since the tournament purses are described in credits? But wait, the leaderboards show the prizes as $ - are these winners entitled to draw 252 $ (in TL tier) from WGT? How does a purse of 400,000 cr translate to an individual prize in $?

WGTicon:
    leaderboards and prize winnings, such as trip to us open are in $

Trips etc. are a rare exception, e.g. only one VUSO per year. In these cases, the $ value of the prize may be legally added to the $ earnings.

But, each weekly and monthly tournament (about 52x6 + 12x6?) or Virtual Tour tournament shows winnings in $$, though the purse is only credits. Said Transamerica Championship shows a purse of 400,000 cr, and the payout method describes how to split these credits between the winners. It's safe to say that the TLs' first prize calculates to 25,200 cr. Nevertheless, the TL winner allegedly takes 252 $.

How would the transition of credits to $$ at a rate of 100:1 work out in a legal way, given that credits have no monetary value? (I assume that $ means greenbacks, real US currency(?))

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2014 4:56 PM

alosso:

each weekly and monthly tournament (about 52x6 + 12x6?) or Virtual Tour tournament shows winnings in $, though the purse is only credits. Said Transamerica Championship shows a purse of 400,000 cr, and the payout method describes how to split these credits between the winners. It's safe to say that the TLs' first prize calculates to 25,200 cr. Nevertheless, the TL winner allegedly takes 252 $.

How would the transition of credits to $ at a rate of 100:1 work out in a legal way, given that credits have no monetary value? (I assume that $ means greenbacks, real US currency(?))

Who fookin cares ?

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2014 6:19 PM

iaa R ( R ) V ft 

RSS