Forums

Help › Forums

Fri, Nov 14 2014 2:59 PM (6 replies)
  • Brukdown
    85 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:30 AM

Hi, new here. Great program and lots of fun.

Is it ok to take the "gimmie" puts the program offers, or is that a no no?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 5:15 PM

Brukdown:

Hi, new here. Great program and lots of fun.

Is it ok to take the "gimmie" puts the program offers, or is that a no no?

hi welcome!

gimme is offered for starter tiers to help speed up the game. taking it is optional.

-wgticon

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 5:30 PM

Welcome to the Jungle. Have fun.

If you have any problems..ask Icon ^^^

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Fri, Nov 14 2014 1:59 AM

Taking a "gimmie" is not a no-no, but I feel a player should putt them all. If you are looking to improve, the quickest way is to hit as many shots as you can.

If you are looking to learn and improve your game, have you considered joining a country club?

Take a look at Just 4 Fun -  the Survivors Country Club.

We are a 60+ member club and growing having added 30 members in the last month.

We have our own off-site forum with tutorials, game tips, and a chat box for the members, and many of use Skype. (which is a great way to learn)

We have a good mix of players from Legends to Hacks. Although the members are very competitive, we pride ourselves on nurturing newer players and the friendships we make with our fellow  club members. All our weekly and monthly tournaments are free, we play for the joy of the game not for credits.

I hope you will consider our club, and here are some links:

J4FCC on WGT: WGT - Just for Fun Country club

Jf4CC outside WGT: Just 4 Fun Country Club

If you have any questions, shoot me a friends request and I will answer any questions you might have.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c111/marco129arco129/World%20Golf%20Tour/Signaturedingfinal_zps8f7ee89d.png

- Mark

• Brukdown
    85 Posts
    Fri, Nov 14 2014 3:45 AM

Thanks all for the welcome.

I played an amateur on here yesterday and ended up making pars and two birdies. When going into the final ninth hole the fella left not waiting to finish the game. I figured he might be upset because I took the gimmie puts on offer thereby beating him.

Of course he could also have had internet connection problems.

Just wanted to figure out if taking those gimmies are strictly frowned upon. Thanks. 

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Fri, Nov 14 2014 9:54 AM

Brukdown:
    Just wanted to figure out if taking those gimmies are strictly frowned upon

Not at all.

• cappy11
    1,173 Posts
    Fri, Nov 14 2014 2:59 PM

Now you are in  CLUB.......... take all your 'gimmies' and move onto the next hole........no one will quit on you..........trust me on that.  If they do..........just let me know.

Have FUN !!!

cap

RSS