"legend players"

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 9 2014 6:22 PM (29 replies)
  • Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2014 5:19 PM

Hi

Just some thoughts.

I have played this game for over 3 1/2 years now. Started from scratch and made the long long hard way to where I am now. I think I have learn the game pretty good, but still room for improvements ;-)

What strikes me these days is, when I played against Legends it seems they have MOVE UP TO FAST. Sure there are some very good Legends players, but also many Legends, who suffer from lack of skills for this game.

I know, I could just keep my mouth shot, but my point is to all new players in this game; take your time and learn the game by hard work :-)

Have a nice day.

Agassi1991

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2014 5:46 PM

Agassi1991:

Hi

Just some thoughts.

I have played this game for over 3 1/2 years now. Started from scratch and made the long long hard way to where I am now. I think I have learn the game pretty good, but still room for improvements ;-)

What strikes me these days is, when I played against Legends it seems they have MOVE UP TO FAST. Sure there are some very good Legends players, but also many Legends, who suffer from lack of skills for this game.

I know, I could just keep my mouth shot, but my point is to all new players in this game; take your time and learn the game by hard work :-)

Have a nice day.

Agassi1991

with the new gear that came up last year it is easy to get to legend in 3 months.

I just missed out on the lvl 40 r1 driver that goes 275, I had the g20 255??

and with cc's playing baby tees , you can get legends/tour legends  that would shoot +3 over par on hardest tees and champ greens.

wgt made a big mistake with those tee settings 

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2014 5:54 PM

siggipj76:

wgt made a big mistake with those tee settings 

Or did they ?

They sold the equipment and the balls to make it.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2014 8:17 PM

I really think they should rethink the easy tees.

• NorCalMega
    179 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2014 8:34 PM

Agassi1991:
    What strikes me these days is, when I played against Legends it seems they have MOVE UP TO FAST.

I felt like I was progressing too fast, not enough practice rounds, too many ranked rounds, and too many easy average lowering rounds at the CC.

It seemed like whenever I was just starting to learn my game at a new tier and be competitive in tournaments I would move up and have to start the cycle over.

When I reached Master I took my time playing practice rounds versus ranked rounds and playing the Best of Par 5 a lot with some Best of 3's thrown in.

It took a lot longer for my scores to saturate, I really wish I had understood this and took this approach at all tiers.

The flip side is I wasn't moving much from the 68 average so I went from the L33 Cally to a L71 Nike and instantly started posting lower scores. Now I am on my way to being a Tour Master quite possibly still too fast but not as fast as previously (and not because of the nbr of ranked rounds)...

I joined in September but didn't play my first round until 10/4, I've seen some people progress even faster than I have in terms of ranked rounds played, maybe they are playing a lot of practice rounds so all the ranked rounds are good scores maybe they're not...

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2014 8:55 PM

NorCalMega:

Agassi1991:
    What strikes me these days is, when I played against Legends it seems they have MOVE UP TO FAST.

I felt like I was progressing too fast, not enough practice rounds, too many ranked rounds, and too many easy average lowering rounds at the CC.

It seemed like whenever I was just starting to learn my game at a new tier and be competitive in tournaments I would move up and have to start the cycle over.

When I reached Master I took my time playing practice rounds versus ranked rounds and playing the Best of Par 5 a lot with some Best of 3's thrown in.

It took a lot longer for my scores to saturate, I really wish I had understood this and took this approach at all tiers.

The flip side is I wasn't moving much from the 68 average so I went from the L33 Cally to a L71 Nike and instantly started posting lower scores. Now I am on my way to being a Tour Master quite possibly still too fast but not as fast as previously (and not because of the nbr of ranked rounds)...

I joined in September but didn't play my first round until 10/4, I've seen some people progress even faster than I have in terms of ranked rounds played, maybe they are playing a lot of practice rounds so all the ranked rounds are good scores maybe they're not...

You seem like a talented player , using better balls is a game changer!

You do play most of the courses , that is very important.

Players will never learn to putt using only one or two courses , they are all different.

Keep up the good work,  hard work pays of and feels great ! 

• NorCalMega
    179 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2014 9:29 PM

Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement, I feel like I need to play more CTTH events to work on my approaches but otherwise I do I rotate through most of the courses fairly well as you say...

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2014 9:41 PM

NorCalMega:

Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement, I feel like I need to play more CTTH events to work on my approaches but otherwise I do I rotate through most of the courses fairly well as you say...

When you get to legend it is important to map your irons, and how they land with different spin. 

and knowing where your wedges land with 100% , 95, 90 , 85, 80, 75........40 % 

and doing it all again when using punch ! 

What shots work from bunkers etc. 

I loved using practice rounds trying this out.

And I still do random 5 and work things out each day ! 

I have sooooo much to learn. 

Best of luck to you, I sent you an invite ! 

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2014 10:04 PM

Back to Agassi's thread ! 

It is way to easy to get to legend now ! 

I can make a baby tee tournament in my club and never shoot less than 10 under ! 

that is just wrong !!!

make it tier based again wgt !!

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2014 10:28 PM

siggipj76:
    I can make a baby tee tournament in my club and never shoot less than 10 under !

It's a lot easier to just tank MP games takes less time and a whole lot cheaper on balls lmao 

RSS