Forums

Help › Forums

World Match Play Cup 2011

Tue, Feb 1 2011 5:43 PM (246 replies)
  • Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:02 PM

[View:http://wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/Image and video hosting by TinyPic:550:0]

right click/view image. if it does not work... "save image as..." and then open it.

Structure

- It will start on 12th December and it will last 10-11 weeks

- This is a K.O. tourney. Players will be placed in a draw where they will be paired with another player. The winner of each pairing advances to the next round.

- Rounds will be 1/64, 1/32, 1/16, quarterfinals, semifinals and final/3rd and 4rth place.

- First three rounds will be played to one match. Quarterfinals and semifinals will be played to the best of three matches. The big final/3rd and 4rth place will be played to the best of 5 matches.

- You can find the set up for each round/match here.

- I will post the draw on this post as soon as 64 player sign up or the 10th of december.

How to sign up

- All you have to do is write a post saying you want to participate. You can do it until 8th of december.

- If the tournament is filled before that date, i will let you know through this post.

Rules

- Only Legend tier players are allowed to play.

- Tournament is limited to 64 players (first 64 to sign up).

- This is important: You'll have a week to complete each of the first three rounds. 2 weeks for quarterfinals and semifinals and 3 weeks to play the final.

.- If a match is not played before the deadline (hope this is not going to happen) I, as the organizer, will decide who advances to the next round depending on the situation (will probably make a draw unless it's very clear one of the players hasn't shown much interest to play).

- In case I can't get enough people to fill the 64 players' draw, some of them will advance to the second round without playing (I will make a draw).

- Tournament will be completely updated every monday so you can see who you have to play with that week.

How to submit match's results

- A scorecard would be highly appreciated, since it's easy to see.

- If both players write here saying who won, is also ok.

Prizes

- The winner will be proclaimed the best MP player in 2011.... Isn't that enough?!

Important: I'll make a video so you can see everything is made fairly every time is needed. I wil use the "names written on pieces of paper inside a box + innocent hand (probably mine) drawing them one by one" method.

Any doubts or questions you may have, please,  ask me because i'm sure there are some things that i forgot to say.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:06 PM

Hello Angel ... I'll give it a shot ... If no one else signs up .. do i win ???

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:06 PM

this is brilliant. count me in and thanks for organizing!

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:29 PM

I nominate!

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:30 PM

I'll sign up for this to!

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 6:45 PM

Good stuff Angel, count me in!

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 6:48 PM

Good work Angel, sign me up buddy ! :-)

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 6:58 PM

Thanks for running this event and Please count me in!

Cheers,

b0gey

• hoochlah
    81 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 7:10 PM

ill probably just be making up the numbers but ill put my hat in . never played mp before so its a good place to start lol. maybe put me in if theres not enough players - i got a young family with a baby so its hard to stick around for a good period of time finishing a golf game. cheers

• zer09ine
    21 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 7:35 PM

Sign me up, Angel.

RSS