Forums

Help › Forums

It's a wrap....Christmas 2014

Tue, Dec 30 2014 3:24 PM (73 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 1:39 PM

Well that's it folks....Christmas 2014 is in the bag.

I think this year was a huge success (IMO at least), I hope people liked the new format, if not, I'm always open to suggestions.

The amount of giving that has taken place in the past 24 days has blown me away. You know the one person that participated in this event that I actually know in real life is BeachedMulligan from the Deviations CC (and maybe Lou and Fuzzy from the same club if they participated, I met them recently). Other than them I've never met any of the other players that stepped forward to play Santa ....and yet here they are. I make a simple post announcing this event and here they are signing up to send gifts to members of this virtual community. I love it!

There were a few firsts for us this year.

The Secret Santas....not that players haven't quietly played Secret Santa in the past, but the quantity of Secret Santas this year was crazy. You guys were all over the place! Holy cow. I'm not even going to try and begin to list your names because to be honest with you there are so many of you I can't remember all your names. You know who who you are and thank you so much for helping us this year.

Publicity....can we get a huge "thank you" for WGT? They finally delivered the very thing that most of us have been requesting since day one.....to announce this event to the entire community....and they came through for us this year! There were pop-up ads and emails announcing the event. There was even a tournament named after us. I believe those things helped drive traffic to the event and I think that's evidenced by the fact that we had so many new posters reply to the threads. Thank you WGT.

In closing I'd like to thank the following Santas-

Mantis0014, Patriciawilliams, alcaucin, The Peoples Club, russellfahey, frappefort, Eagle Club Golf Association, adeypa, newcastleb, Cheers Golf Club, ithurtswnipee, Trout Slayers Country Club, Northern Lights Club, YancyCan, Lobsters Lair Country Club, gdog8, Augusta National CC, The Deviations Country Club, A Band of Brothers Country Club, Aussie Aussie Aussie!, johnabel1234, Marco129 & of course WGT.

Thank you all so much for helping bring joy to the community. Bravo!

A special "Thank You' goes out to my friend that played Santa with me on Day 1, to all the "Secret Santas" and to WGTShoe who worked so tirelessly to help me pull this all together on the WGT side of things.

For anyone that would like to see how many players we sent gifts to, see here.

Thank you everyone....and Merry Christmas.

MC

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 1:46 PM

mrcaddie:
    I'd like to thank the following Santas-

Mantis0014, Patriciawilliams, alcaucin, The Peoples Club, russellfahey, frappefort, Eagle Club Golf Association, adeypa, newcastleb, Cheers Golf Club, ithurtswnipee, Trout Slayers Country Club, Northern Lights Club, YancyCan, Lobsters Lair Country Club, gdog8, Augusta National CC, The Deviations Country Club, A Band of Brothers Country Club, Aussie Aussie Aussie!, johnabel1234, Marco129 & of course WGT.

A special "Thank You' goes out to my friend that played Santa with me on Day 1, to all the "Secret Santas" and to WGTShoe who worked so tirelessly to help me pull this all together on the WGT side of things.

You are just AWSOME! - all of you!

I wish that each of you experienced a dream-come-true in these merry days!

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 2:32 PM

Wowzer i just checked the list,and added 2 for all the bold types and i came up with 215(216 if you count someone not down in bold type) players being gifted!!! I'm really pleased there is someone like Wayne that can orchestrate this kind of community event.

Big thumbs up to WGT aswell for finishing this event with a very generous amount of gifts,and the advertising that went with this event.I'm sure Like all the other Santa's that took part in this event it left me with a warm glow that i was helping strangers get the stuff they wanted to hopefully go on and improve there game.

I tip my hat to all Santa's and the secret Santa's that took part in this great event.

Russell

• SKrietz
    835 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 2:56 PM

thank you all for what you guys have done ot shows that there is good people out there still in these tough times congrats to all and may the rest of your days be even better

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 3:16 PM

mrcaddie:

Well that's it folks....Christmas 2014 is in the bag.

I think this year was a huge success (IMO at least), I hope people liked the new format, if not, I'm always open to suggestions.

The amount of giving that has taken place in the past 24 days has blown me away. You know the one person that participated in this event that I actually know in real life is BeachedMulligan from the Deviations CC (and maybe Lou and Fuzzy from the same club if they participated, I met them recently). Other than them I've never met any of the other players that stepped forward to play Santa ....and yet here they are. I make a simple post announcing this event and here they are signing up to send gifts to members of this virtual community. I love it!

There were a few firsts for us this year.

The Secret Santas....not that players haven't quietly played Secret Santa in the past, but the quantity of Secret Santas this year was crazy. You guys were all over the place! Holy cow. I'm not even going to try and begin to list your names because to be honest with you there are so many of you I can't remember all your names. You know who who you are and thank you so much for helping us this year.

Publicity....can we get a huge "thank you" for WGT? They finally delivered the very thing that most of us have been requesting since day one.....to announce this event to the entire community....and they came through for us this year! There were pop-up ads and emails announcing the event. There was even a tournament named after us. I believe those things helped drive traffic to the event and I think that's evidenced by the fact that we had so many new posters reply to the threads. Thank you WGT.

In closing I'd like to thank the following Santas-

For anyone that would like to see how many players we sent gifts to, see here.

Thank you everyone....and Merry Christmas.

MC

good job santas

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 3:42 PM

What a Buzz this whole thing is/was. It gave me great pleasure to send out gifts.

Thank You MC for a great job!  

Thank you to all the Santa's, just great to see.

Thank you to all the people who bumped the threads so it could be seen by all.

Thank You WGT for backing up and participating in this great event!   Actually, I got my 2nd Albatross playing in the MC and friends Comp....  now that was a BUZZ...lol

Until we all get together the next time...  Just Have Fun! :)

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everybody and Keep Safe

-Roger

• Painter13
    285 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 3:50 PM

Merry Christmas All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JasonBlazer
    2,246 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 4:14 PM

Great concept, great execution, and Great Blessings. Wonderful job, and Truly in the Christmas Spirit. I tip my cap to all involved, and Merry Christmas to All of WGT. God Bless.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 4:24 PM

And Christmas is over...praise Jesus.  The banjos have finally stopped strumming and all my family obligations have been completed.

Hope all the WGT Santas enjoyed their cheer, and all the gift recipients enjoyed their toys.

Now it's time to pour myself another drink.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 5:11 PM

MichaelStroke:

And Christmas is over...praise Jesus.  The banjos have finally stopped strumming and all my family obligations have been completed.

Hope all the WGT Santas enjoyed their cheer, and all the gift recipients enjoyed their toys.

Now it's time to pour myself another drink.

Pour one for the rest of us too Mate....lol

Cheers :)

RSS