Forums

Help › Forums

The Hustle 14 is Live!!

Sun, Oct 25 2015 4:14 PM (1,691 replies)
  • sunshinewilly
    346 Posts
    Thu, Jun 16 2011 4:04 PM

It was a very fun match!  I am totally fine losing like that.  We both played good IMO, but far from great.  Lots of missed opportunities, but no glaring mistakes.  Looking back at 16, it was that almost a straight 9 fter that could have brought me within one for the match...DAMN.  If only i got my ding.  Thanks alot for the match and good luck going forward.

Sign me up for the next please...lol, maybe a bit preemptive.  

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2011 1:19 PM

congrats to our 4th semifinalist pgabound!  nicko and pga are the next to play. winner takes on bollox in the finals. good luck, play well, and have fun!!

http://www.i-tourney.com/lite/cce5008e3b/fullscreen

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 11:20 AM

Just finished up a crazy match with Jared. We both started off fairly solid, but things soon got strange. Jared had 4 or 5 VIOLENT lipouts in the first 12 or 13 holes, I couldnt hit the ding with my putter to save my life, missed 2 or 3 putts that were dead straight because I clicked early or late. The back 9, lots of missed opportunities. Jared couldn't buy a break, and added a couple more lipouts. I think the turning point for me was on #14, a hole which I usually suck at, had the back pin and 8mph wind from 5:00, played 175 full bs choked down to 170ish and nearly aced it, it settled just a couple of inches from the hole, while Jared's putt somehow managed to lipout again. I feel very lucky to have pulled out the win in this match, if even half the putts Jared lipped had dropped in, this match probably only goes 15 or 16 holes. Thanks for the match, Jared. Look forward to playing with you again.

• nickolijj
    277 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 11:00 AM

Thanks for the kind words Dan. It was certainly a fun match...you're a great player and an even better gent. Couldn't believe half of our birdie tries didn't fall, and I really don't know what to say about those violent lipouts. Still perplexed :) Either way, you played great and definitely deserved the victory. Good luck in the finals. I hear this Bollox guy makes a lot of pars, so you should be ok :)

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2011 11:04 AM

Just finished up my match with Bollox....only word that comes to mind is painful. My putter was ice cold from the get go. Think I missed at least 4 birdie putts inside 8ft, oh well. Bollox played solid, but I know it wasn't near his best. Probably would have been a really close match if I had made some putts, but that was not the case. I pulled it back to 2dn after #13, which gave me a little bit of hope that with some good play I might be able to square it up and force extras....but then Bolly holed out for eagle on #14 lol. Thanks for the match Bollox, enjoyed playing with you for the first time regardless of the outcome. Bollox wins 4&3....and Congrats on winning your 3rd straight Hustle...highly impressive.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2011 11:07 AM

Conclusion to the hustle 4.

PGA's putter was pretty cold in this one, we all know that that doesn't fare well on the very difficult oakmont greens.  I stumbled on 13 to let him back into it trying to get fancy on the tee shot and roll one back from the back of the green, flew the green for a bogey.   I bounced back nicely with an eagle on 14 from 94 yards.

Thanks for the match PGA.  Thanks also to JC for all the work he does on these.  Got pretty fortunate in this hustle, many narrow wins, my luck has to run out soon :)

• sunshinewilly
    346 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2011 11:44 AM

Congrats to Bollox and too bad, so close to PGA.  Well played guys, congrats on making it to the final and special congrats to winning your 3rd straight Bollox.  

JC, as said many times, thanks for organizing 'The Hustle', my most looked forward to competition in WGT.  Sign me up for the next please if you are going to continue!

Cheers, Willy

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2011 11:46 AM

Congrats BB!    3 in a row, nice little streak going!

Cheers,

b0gey

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2011 11:26 AM

Congrats to Bollox on his Threepeat as Hustle Champion!!  Very impressive indeed.  We almost got him this time...but maybe we should change the title of this tournament to the Bollox Hustle!?

For all those willing to try, we are now starting Hustle 5. Signup now!! 

**The only new wrinkle is that I want you to rank your preference of courses 1 through 6.  I will weight the courses accordingly and the most popular course we will play first round and descendingly throughout the tournament.

• dsheavills
    965 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2011 12:47 PM

Once again another great contest, and thanks to you JC for putting these on every time.

Please sign me up for another crack at it.

cheers

Darren

RSS